retlaw04

Need opponents for testing

If you don't manage to get anyone fighting you quickly on the very first Tournament, you can create a second account to do it. 

Sorry. Treat Fighter is Windows only. You'll need a VM to run it if you're on Linux. 

i see .. that's a shame, im not sure this machine can handle running windows 10 in  a VM to play directxgames ... what about development ? can i assume the OS doesnt matter to use the platform for connectivity ? i just signed up yesterday i dont even know where the api is or any documentation on what is what. I would but i need my computers in linux atm as i'm working on stuff for steemit and i dont really have a spare windows machine.

Where can i get the executable it would be at least fun to see if it runs under WINE without a vm :) if that works you already have some useful intel to add to your introductory

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rudyardcatling said:

i see .. that's a shame, im not sure this machine can handle running windows 10 in  a VM to play directxgames ... what about development ? can i assume the OS doesnt matter to use the platform for connectivity ? i just signed up yesterday i dont even know where the api is or any documentation on what is what. I would but i need my computers in linux atm as i'm working on stuff for steemit and i dont really have a spare windows machine.

Where can i get the executable it would be at least fun to see if it runs under WINE without a vm :) if that works you already have some useful intel to add to your introductory

I'll DM you here. 

11 hours ago, rudyardcatling said:

what about development ? can i assume the OS doesnt matter to use the platform for connectivity ?

Just to clarify this bit:  The XAYA platform itself is not tied to any particular OS (and especially not Windows in particular, I myself don't have a Windows machine either).  For individual games it all depends on how they are developed, of course.

But in the XAYA model, there will typically be two parts to any one game:  One backend part that runs the game logic and interacts with the blockchain and a frontend that just displays everything nicely and lets the users generate moves by clicking buttons.  I expect that most games release the backend part as open source and in a way that can be run cross-platform, while the frontend may be prioprietary and tied to Windows, for instance (but again, that's totally up to the game developers).