Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mohammed

Question about the game

Guest Mohammed

I didn't understand the economy in the game
Do you use real money to run a team or to buy players or what
Please, more clarity

you use a cryptocurrency called soccer manager coins, this cryptocurrency can be traded against Chi, Chi can be traded against Bitcoin and Bitcoin can be traded against REAL MONEY.. so in the end, you need real money for this game- most players are shareholders for a club or agents for the soccer players... there are only 640 soccermanagers in the whole game- 1 for every team... but thousands of players will be shareholders of the club's or player's shares... and as I see, the price for buying CHI coins is still very cheap- so you can buy them cheap now or expensive later when everyone wants to get coins for the game (but this is just my opinion)...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/19/2019 at 8:09 PM, Christian Pichler said:

you use a cryptocurrency called soccer manager coins, this cryptocurrency can be traded against Chi, Chi can be traded against Bitcoin and Bitcoin can be traded against REAL MONEY.. so in the end, you need real money for this game- most players are shareholders for a club or agents for the soccer players... there are only 640 soccermanagers in the whole game- 1 for every team... but thousands of players will be shareholders of the club's or player's shares... and as I see, the price for buying CHI coins is still very cheap- so you can buy them cheap now or expensive later when everyone wants to get coins for the game (but this is just my opinion)...

Traded against?

Sorry I don't get it, If I am sitting here on my laptop and want to control a club in this game what do I have to do to get sm coins, Christian?

3 hours ago, Smut said:

Traded against?

Sorry I don't get it, If I am sitting here on my laptop and want to control a club in this game what do I have to do to get sm coins, Christian?

You need to have real money, with which you buy Bitcoin first. Those Bitcoins you exchange for CHI at a cryptocurrency exchange afterwards. That is all, because afaik the shares for clubs are paid/traded with CHI. If not, you would have to exchange your CHI for Soccer Manager Coins inside the game.

• Like 1

Thanks,

1 bitcoin is over £8,000 to buy though, are we being expected to spend that much to get started?

1 hour ago, Smut said:

Thanks,

1 bitcoin is over £8,000 to buy though, are we being expected to spend that much to get started?

No, of course not 🙂 You can buy fractions of a Bitcoin as well, like 0,001 Bitcoin, which would be around £8 then.

On 8/27/2019 at 9:03 AM, tyKiwanuka said:

No, of course not 🙂 You can buy fractions of a Bitcoin as well, like 0,001 Bitcoin, which would be around £8 then.

Thanks.

So are we are gambling on 3 different currencies, none of which are real money and can be lost/ stolen by someone hacking into the system?

All that for a poorly run game with no customer relations in place to help.

2 hours ago, Smut said:

Thanks.

So are we are gambling on 3 different currencies, none of which are real money and can be lost/ stolen by someone hacking into the system?

All that for a poorly run game with no customer relations in place to help.

Why so negative ? You aren't obliged to play the game, just move on, if you don't like it. So why bother about a poorly run game ? There are enough other games you can play.

You can also lose money, if someone hacks into your online banking......so you better not use any money at all.

You are not gambling on any currency in the end. You don't need to be an agent or shareholder. You can be a manager, where you have to spend only very few money paying for transaction fees. On the other hand, as a manager, you will get a wage, which you can convert back to real money, if you like. Just wait for the game to be released and see, maybe you will like it in the end 😉 You seem to know next to nothing about cryptocurrencies, so save your judgement for later.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 12:18 PM, tyKiwanuka said:

Why so negative ? You aren't obliged to play the game, just move on, if you don't like it. So why bother about a poorly run game ? There are enough other games you can play.

You can also lose money, if someone hacks into your online banking......so you better not use any money at all.

You are not gambling on any currency in the end. You don't need to be an agent or shareholder. You can be a manager, where you have to spend only very few money paying for transaction fees. On the other hand, as a manager, you will get a wage, which you can convert back to real money, if you like. Just wait for the game to be released and see, maybe you will like it in the end 😉 You seem to know next to nothing about cryptocurrencies, so save your judgement for later.

I know very little about cryptocurrencies, which is why I am asking questions to understand it and havn't seen anything that makes me want to gamble money on it.

What you have chosen to describe as negative is actually realism, the sm game is poor and all I see is a new version to take a lot of money from users, the game I currently play doesn't cost anything and there aren't any other games to play that are the same. I think the fact that no one from sm has bothered to reply to my forum question shows that their attitude hasn't changed.

I can't lose money from someone hacking into my bank account because the bank would have to refund the money as it would be their fault not mine, I have not seen anyone taking responsibility for cryptocurrency in the same way.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Smut said:

I know very little about cryptocurrencies, which is why I am asking questions to understand it and havn't seen anything that makes me want to gamble money on it.

What you have chosen to describe as negative is actually realism, the sm game is poor and all I see is a new version to take a lot of money from users, the game I currently play doesn't cost anything and there aren't any other games to play that are the same. I think the fact that no one from sm has bothered to reply to my forum question shows that their attitude hasn't changed.

I can't lose money from someone hacking into my bank account because the bank would have to refund the money as it would be their fault not mine, I have not seen anyone taking responsibility for cryptocurrency in the same way.

If you are careless with your online banking details, the bank will not refund nothing 😉 Same goes for crypto - if you are careless, you will lose your coins/token. If you take care, it is safe.

Don't think that you have to pay fortunes of money to play SME and gamble with that kind of money. If you are a manager, you just need a few pennies to cover transaction costs. 100 CHI would cost around $3 for now. With 100 CHI you can play a VERY long time. And, as I said, you get a wage as a manager. If you are a good manager, you will easily make money by playing SME.

The communication from SM team can be improved, yes, I agree.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

Your use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.