Xanthus

Wallet stuck synchronizing

I had just backed up the wallet (I made sure all software wasn't running) and I open it again but the wallet is now stuck on synchronizing. Anyone that can help me ? ?

Chiwallet2.jpg

Hi. Yes if the wallet is stuck syncing you should probably find out why first. Also changing the datadir will prevent treat fighter from working as it grabs the cookie file from that dir (This will change in future though).

First thing to do would be to look in your debug.log which is in c\users\username\appdata\roaming\xaya 

You can attach it here

It's here:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Xaya\debug.log

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Xaya\debug.log

On 8/9/2018 at 9:01 PM, RyuMaster Gorskov said:

1) Download new wallet 1.0.3

2) Make sure all settings are set to default

3) Delete *.orv file if exists inside '

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Xaya\

Downloading the new wallet worked thanks, setting the settings to default is the same as removing any customized settings in Advanced? i.e. the new wallet still has the newly selected file path from overriding the datadir.

On 8/11/2018 at 12:26 PM, Xanthus said:

Downloading the new wallet worked thanks, setting the settings to default is the same as removing any customized settings in Advanced? i.e. the new wallet still has the newly selected file path from overriding the datadir.

Setting to Default should remove all settings from 'Adcanced'. You can also just remove those from 'Advance' manually

4 hours ago, Christopher2121 said:

Hi, I downloaded the new wallet 1.0.3 for 32 Bit. I have this prompt and it doesn't synchronise. Is it fine to have to wallet. QT and Electron wallet? 

Problem.jpg

This is odd. Can you sent screenshot of C:\Program Files\Xaya\XAYA Electron\resources\daemon directory contents?

After taking the wallet back to default settings (I couldn't find an .orv file) the same problem occurs again. Should I again change the Datadir? The only time the wallet has worked since this issue came up is after I changed the datadir and installed the new wallet version. Now that I changed the settings back to default the same problem is occurring.

On 8/12/2018 at 11:30 PM, RyuMaster Gorskov said:

This is odd. Can you sent screenshot of C:\Program Files\Xaya\XAYA Electron\resources\daemon directory contents?

Hi! as i download the first release of electron wallet for 32bit it was successful and done encrypting and back both wallet. But when i re-open it that prompt appear and it doesn't synchronize. 

50 minutes ago, Christopher2121 said:

Hi! as i download the first release of electron wallet for 32bit it was successful and done encrypting and back both wallet. But when i re-open it that prompt appear and it doesn't synchronize. 

RyuMaster Gorskov meant for you to share a screen shot of that directory open in windows explorer, not at the command line. Also, your attempt to get there using the command line failed because you need to put "cd" (for change directory) at the beginning and you need to put quotes around the path if there are any spaces in it.

17 minutes ago, Christopher2121 said:

How? What to do to see those files? 

Konstantin posted the location of the file above. If you have trouble finding it, you will have to make hidden files/folders visible in your explorer:

exp.thumb.jpg.8331cb734d4cb4366b7405dc1a717a11.jpg

I am sorry, I only have the german version ? But if you open your explorer, it's at the top. Then switch to "view" (left red circle in the pic) on the menu bar  - right hand (right red circle in the pic) there should appear something like "hidden elements" and you need to check that little box.

With explorer I meant the windows explorer. Can you post a screenshot of what files/folders show up, when you take this path:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Xaya