casp0or

Beta: Xaya Block Explorer

New Block-Explorer version online?

I merged the Block-Explorer into the Xaya-Network-Info website. You can now view all data on one website.

The "Raw Transactions" and "Script" tabs still missing because I want to build a whole new layout for these.

Next, I add more Network-Info plot images and a more detailed "stats history" table with new data from user DarkClaw.

mergedExplorer.thumb.PNG.8c14e0dbafe19757a34db91d2a154e79.PNG

OLD-TEXT:

Hi,

I managed to start a BlockChain-Explorer for XAYA ? 

Address: https://explorer.xaya-gaming.net/ 

At the moment you can only view all current blocks and search for a TxID.

The subdomain explorer.xaya-gaming.net should be accessible tomorrow over SSL

Mobile support should work fine

EDIT:  I think an autorefresh function every new block should be useful

EDIT-2: New domain added for the explorer

Regards

casp0or

networkExplorer.PNG

Edited by casp0or
  • Thanks 3

That's looking great. 

I know this takes a lot of work to get done. I hope people check it out.

thanks ? but I have to finish some more tasks before everything is perfect

and I have to set up xaya-gaming.net main site with news, CHI crowdfunding system and game list for xaya games ?

3 minutes ago, casp0or said:

thanks ? but I have to finish some more tasks before everything is perfect

and I have to set up xaya-gaming.net main site with news, CHI crowdfunding system and game list for xaya games ?

Understood. It's a lot of work. Props to you for it! I hope everyone appreciates your efforts. 

• Thanks 1

I hope so too. But I think with Darkclaw I  can provide some useful information to xaya user.

and I want to announce my first crowdfunding on xaya-gaming.net after the main sale has finished.

Building currently an alpha for my game on the xaya-network. It´s a round-based strategy MMO playable in your browser. I can tell you this much, that it has in-game items which can be bought with CHI or crafted/build with resources in-game for your army. The battle part takes place on a big map with enemy NPC's or player battling each other for resources in a specified time limit. every one makes his move with a transaction into the network and after the time is up all actions are done simultaneously. you can't shoot all the time because of an ammo limit for your units. I hope the transactions cost are low.

If a user has to pay around 1 to 10 cent per transaction would be great. If he can gather resources in maybe 10 rounds with some fighting and build an item/etc with these resources and sell it for some CHI the cost could be held low for the player. 

But I think I can use a sidechain for the actual battle and only make a transaction into the network when the user joins the battlefield with his/her army or leave the battlefield (maybe dead / flee) to record his battle results

EDIT: maybe look at this Ethereum game I made (currently on testnet | 95% finished) --> http://84.200.7.97/ <-- 
build this all on my own in my free time, want to release this soon but I´m currently searching for last bugs or style issues.

Edited by casp0or

1 hour ago, casp0or said:

But I think I can use a sidechain for the actual battle and only make a transaction into the network when the user joins the battlefield with his/her army or leave the battlefield (maybe dead / flee) to record his battle results 

That's basically the idea for game channels.  How do you plan to do this?  Like, who will verify the battle on side chains, and how will the main game state on Xaya verify that the results someone reports are actually correct?

If I get this sidechain thing right ... 

To start a battle the user has to make a transaction to prove he has deployed his army

My server is mining the sidechain blocks every X time to process one round. if a round is over and a block is found, send a broadcast to all player to refresh the game state. Here comes some security in hand like a randomly generated token for every round which is included by my server to the transaction and if a user tries to make a false transaction, he doesn´t know the secret. on the next round, the server does not send the new game state to this user and exclude his moves for other players.

the actual game state (destroyed units / gathered resources / etc) are tracked by my server and if a user leaves the fight he has to make a transaction into the normal network. Again with a random token applied by my server to the transaction and if a user makes a transaction for leaving the battle without the matching token saved on my server the game will ignore this transaction.

something like this.

like the crowdfunding thing I mentioned. In your whitepaper, you describe the asset trading. In a crowdfunding on my site, the game company sells in-game items or currency as "tiers" on xaya-gaming.net and to secure that no money is transferred before successful funding only the part signed txids are saved on my server. 

the game company do not see this txids until funding is over

if funding is successful my server sends the company all the part signed txids to claim the money with full signing the transaction.

Ah ok, so you are using a central server to secure the sidechain.  That works of course - and it seems you use this "random token" thing to prove to the parts of your game running on the main chain that something (like the outcome of the battle) was verified and is valid from your server.

By the way, if you go for battles through a central server, then I don't think there's any need for a real sidechain with mining at all - you can just build that part of the game in the same way as non-blockchain games would be built, since players have to trust your server for that part anyway.

You are right, I think handling the battle stuff on my server without a side-chain is better and only to submit the outcome is a great idea ?

This way I can create my alpha even faster 

And I think this token mechanic is a safe way to deny false transactions. 

Regards

Yes, I think if you are happy to have the battle done in a centralised fashion, then just doing it without a sidechain on your server is the best approach.  I didn't fully get how you want that "token" stuff to work - but as long as it allows your on-chain game engine to verify that the result comes from your server and this cannot be faked, then it should be fine.  But instead of "tokens", I would have imagined that you do some kind of digital signature on the server, where the network clients know your server's public key and then trust everything that is signed by it (or something like that).  But perhaps that's what you mean anyway.

On 8/11/2018 at 6:15 AM, casp0or said:

I added SSL support for the explorer and a new domain until I merged the "NetworkStats" and the "BlockExplorer" into one page.

https://explorer.xaya-gaming.net

It's looking pretty snazzy! ??

Just an observation (2 functional things for users) - the addresses in the block pages are split in 2 and end up with a space in them if you copy them. 

<a id="output-1"><span class="monospace">CbuoiqJrmRLKx4NnxE</span><p>gYaiAf8NDLGnffV7</p></a>

Compare to:

<a id="output-1"><span class="monospace">CbuoiqJrmRLKx4NnxEgYaiAf8NDLGnffV7</span></a>

However, that distorts compared to the existing HTML like this:

747203329_Screenshot-2018-08-146_22_40PM.png.724888e51615d02945f1473f60d6ed18.png

I mention it only because it presents a functional issue with the added space from the line break.

On the tx pages:

https://explorer.xaya-gaming.net/tx/2a14ec9b4884e913a8daffae83a9ab9cb73c2b367930d46245b5b67e6449a9cd#output-1

The input address is truncated by 2 characters, but the ellipsis after takes 3 characters. So, the address can't be copied. (Block height pages have similar formatting.)

I only noticed because I was copying for my own use to check some transactions. 

I really like the tabs with script & raw transactions. 

I pointed people towards your site in a recent blog post here:

https://medium.com/@XAYA/immortality-on-the-blockchain-get-your-name-now-84bc077e7d3d

Hopefully you'll get some juice from it. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you,

I´m aware of these problems. I tried to make it mobile friendly as fast as possible.

Currently merging the BlockExplorer and the BlockInfo into one website. I hope everything is done until the weekend begins.

Then all your issues should be gone then because I´m building a whole new frontend for the explorer which is placed on top of the current BlockInfo.

And thank you for mention our website in your Medium article. I added some analytics and now every day around 20 unique users visit the explorer/networkinfo.

I make some advertising on my own when I merged the sites into one.

After merging, I want to build the main website for xaya-gaming.net and add Treat Fighter as the first game maybe along with Soccer Manager Crypto and my own xaya-game as an announcement.

Regards

Edited by casp0or
  • Like 1

Fixed several bugs and issues ?

Reworked the overall feeling with "main-tabs" to switch between network-info and block-explorer.

Now I have a lot more space to rework the block-explorer style to something with more readability like this -->https://www.blockchain.com/explorer

QUESTION:

Should I add an option to the settings-tab where you can save, that your "main-tab" start with the network-info or block-explorer when you open the page again?

image.thumb.png.06b52ed6e1d7c7eaeb5b6fe1b382e3fb.pngimage.thumb.png.e1c1b0f63b19d481488fee91601adbe7.png

Edited by casp0or

I almost finished the updates for xaya-gaming network info and the main news site xaya-gaming.net

Want to preview the new landing page here. What do you think? 

landingPreview.thumb.PNG.c04ebfce1f0c9eca4e9a308d41fd70a5.PNG

• Thanks 1