Sign in to follow this  
ponraj

Xaya Game development in Macbook pro

Hi,

I am working on blockchain game development. I came across Xaya when i am looking for realtime multiplayer game concepts. So i want to try developing some games to understand the environment and benefits of using Xaya for my games. I gone through your tutorial and installed Xaya wallet in my Macbook pro from your official GitHub repository. But i couldn't proceed further without xaya cli installed on my machines. I tried giving Xayad commands on my macbook terminal and also xaya wallet console also. But i always getting same error method not found. Even tried downloading a zip and tar versions and going to wallet folder and try running commands, no progress on that too. I googled it for 2 days and i couldn't find any helpful articles or answers. Can you help me to getting started with xaya game development. 

Does the Mac package not contain xaya-cli?  @snailbrain - I think it should (if it doesn't already).

But yeah, as you said, you can use the wallet console to send commands as well.  What command are you trying to send when you get that error?

I tried running this command - "

xayad -rpcport=8396 -rpcuser=user -rpcpassword=password

"

17:09:04

cmd-error

Method not found (code -32601)

- Got this error

That is very strange.  As far as I know, xayad should not give you any error of that kind; if anything, then xaya-cli or your JSON-RPC client should.  So you run the xayad command, and that error gets printed?  What does your debug.log file (in the Xaya data directory) show?

On 7/9/2019 at 8:13 AM, ponraj said:

Hi,

I am working on blockchain game development. I came across Xaya when i am looking for realtime multiplayer game concepts. So i want to try developing some games to understand the environment and benefits of using Xaya for my games. I gone through your tutorial and installed Xaya wallet in my Macbook pro from your official GitHub repository. But i couldn't proceed further without xaya cli installed on my machines. I tried giving Xayad commands on my macbook terminal and also xaya wallet console also. But i always getting same error method not found. Even tried downloading a zip and tar versions and going to wallet folder and try running commands, no progress on that too. I googled it for 2 days and i couldn't find any helpful articles or answers. Can you help me to getting started with xaya game development. 

are you able to run the QT wallet?

I dont see the error in the image, can you send again

if you are running commands in the xaya-qt console you can just put

getblockchaininfo

xaya-cli is a seperate executable that you run at the command line