Christopher2121

Done 32 bit running wallet QT

Mining will be exactly the same. There's no difference for 32- vs 64-bit architectures. 

Check @snailbrain's thread here:

That should get you started. 

• Thanks 1

I'm very poor on this. hahaha... ? thank you very much. I really can't follow. Here's the screenshot of what I have done. So embarrassing. I don't know if I'm doing it right. I don't have a background in programming. I'm trying my best. Thanks Ryan. 

I downloaded the ccminer and extract it. My problem is maybe how to encode, what are those shortcut keys or keys to encode. I don't know what's the right term or word, hope I am saying it right.

From the cmd the C:\Users\User>  -    is the problem on my end. Its different that I should follow as I encode. how? 

trying mining.jpg

Edited by Christopher2121

HAHA

Not making fun of you, but this is funny :)

<argument> or [value] are how people indicate you have to enter your own setting/option
Just go to the folder where you downloaded ccminer.

<user> means your windows user name
other examples you might run into <arg> [n]
ie -a <algo>
or -I [n] (n is the default math indicator of a numeric value.)

do not use the brackets when entering your value
on this forum for you <user> or <u> would become 
Christopher2121

-u <arg> or --user <arg> would become -u Christopher2121 or --user Christopher2121
sometimes you might see [arg], that indicates a boolean (true or false, 0 or 1)

Edited by Rakly3
  • Like 1

@Rakly3 has provided a pretty good guide there. If you follow that, you should be good.

Post back if you need more help @Christopher2121. 

In the folder where your ccminer is, right click and go to new>Text Document
Name it ccminerxaya.bat
(make sure you removed the .txt at the end. Windows should ask you if you are sure you want to change the file extension. Click yes.

right click your new file and in menu, at the top under Open there should be an option Edit. Click that.
NOTE: if under Open it first says Print, then the filename is not correctly changed to .bat

A window should open looking like the normal notepad.
in there you can type your commands, such as:
ccminer -a neoscrypt -o http://127.0.0.1:8396 ..etc...
Save the file
double click the file

IF the cmd window closes by itself and you have no idea what it said, edit the .bat file again
on the line below ccminer -a etc you type pause

This way the cmd window should stay open and you can see the text/error.

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

@Rakly3 has provided a pretty good guide there. If you follow that, you should be good.

Post back if you need more help @Christopher2121. 

I was still typing up a follow up :)

47 minutes ago, Rakly3 said:

I was still typing up a follow up :)

I'm clairvoyant. Also about to get to sleep about 8 hours after I should. (My bad... I skimmed quickly and it was looking good. Sorry. Overtired.) 

• Like 1

Its fine. hahaha...? I'm pretty dumb at this thing. Don't have any background in programming . My background is real estate and customer representative. I'm just good at using computer. Thanks Rakly3. 

Is there someone who have a good heart that can make a video how to do solo mine. Like what I see in youtube something like this would be great 

It's really difficult at my stage and I believe I'm not the only one whose experiencing this and missing the opportunity to do solo mine in XAYA and have extra more Chi before the main sale.  The instruction given I think is very helpful to people who know computer. But in my stage, its pretty difficult. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can you share your operating system, gpu, gpu driver versions (most important is CUDA version, probably 9 or 8)? I am not set up to make videos but can perhaps help you through it.

On windows, you can check your gpu info by running cmd.exe (command line) then "nvidia-smi", and cuda version with "nvcc --version". For 64-bit Windows 7,  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, gpu driver version 382.05, and CUDA version 8.0, I used:

ccminer-2.1-tribus.7z from here: https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases

Windows-XAYA.Electron-1.0.2 from here:.exe https://github.com/xaya/xaya_electron/releases

I used an older (CUDA 8 ) ccminer since updating drivers for CUDA 9 gave me problems with some older monitors I had hooked up to older gpus on the same motherboard.

To mine, you navigate to the directory that contains contains the ccminer*.exe program (* = wildcard). Eg,

cd xaya/ccminer-2.1-tribus

Then run something like:

Ccminer-x64.exe -a neoscrypt -o http://127.0.0.1:8396/wallet/game.dat -d gtx1060 -i 21 -u __cookie__ -p xxx

You can the  pass (shown as "xxxx") in C:/Users/<YOUR_USER_NAME>/AppData/Roaming/Xaya/.cookie. Replace "<YOUR_USER_NAME>" with whatever it actually is.

The various flags (for the version of ccminer I am using) are described here: https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/blob/windows/README.txt

You can see I'm telling Ccminer-x64.exe to run with a parameters

• -a (algo) = neoscrypt
  • -o (url) = http://127.0.0.1:8396/wallet/game.dat
  • -d (devices) = gtx1060
  • -i (intensity) = 21
  • -u username
  • -p password

Xaya must be running to mine. Also the password will change each time you restart Xaya. Note that since you seem to be using 32-bit windows you probably need a different version of ccminer. So find the newest one that says x86 (which means 32-bit) that is compatible with your gpu/driver/etc on that page.

And the beta version of xaya electron v1.0.3 has 32-bit support: https://forum.xaya.io/topic/76-xaya-wallet-103-beta/

Edit:

This is really annoying. Remove the trailing space from (CUDA 8 ) -> automatic smiley

Edited by DarkClaw

Also, the above is all assuming you actually do have an NVIDIA gpu (vs eg, AMD). Is that the case? There is another thread about mining with an AMD gpu.

And if we can figure out how to get you mining in the end you would probably be best to make the video since we are probably skipping "obvious" (to us) steps when trying to explain it.

Hi! Thanks for the reply DarkClaw. Here what I see on your instruction. 

System Information     

Machine name: USER-PC
   Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.170810-1615)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: LG Electronics Inc.
       System Model: R510-G.A28JKN
               BIOS: Default System BIOS
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     P8400  @ 2.26GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
             Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 1980MB RAM
          Page File: 1152MB used, 2805MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Display Devices

Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 45 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)
       Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
          Chip type: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
           DAC type: Internal
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A42&SUBSYS_17731854&REV_07
     Display Memory: 797 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 64 MB
      Shared Memory: 733 MB
       Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
       Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
      Monitor Model: unknown
         Monitor Id: LGD01AC
        Native Mode: 1280 x 800(p) (60.023Hz)
        Output Type: Internal
        Driver Name: igdumd32.dll,igd10umd32.dll
Driver File Version: 8.15.0010.1749 (English)
     Driver Version: 8.15.10.1749
        DDI Version: 10
       Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

I was using QT wallet and I try 

xaya electron v1.0.3 has 32-bit support: https://forum.xaya.io/topic/76-xaya-wallet-103-beta/

the link that you gave. I successfully run and installed it. I encrypted and back up the 2 wallets. But as I close the Electron wallet  and open it again it prompt to install every time I open it. I'm having this on my screen and it doesn't synchronized.  See attached

Yes I see that everyone is just giving instructions on how to do it. Even though this is hard to understand to person who are not good on computers. Maybe I'll get there. I'll try. Thanks for the help

Problem.png

Edited by Christopher2121

It looks like you only have the on-board intel graphics. If I'm interpreting this correctly, its 10 cores at 0.5 GHz each:

• Intel Gen 5.0 integrated graphics engine with ten, fully-programmable cores
• 533-MHz core render clock @ 1.05-V core voltage

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/mobile-4-chipset-datasheet.pdf

I couldn't find any equation for getting a rough estimate of neoscrypt hashrate from gpu specs (number of cores, clock speed, memory, etc) but for example I have a gtx 1060 which is 1,280 cores at 1.5 GHz. From that I get a hash rate of ~ 640 KH/s. You can check out the mining calculator here to see that (for a total network hashrate of ~ 68 MH/s) currently gets 10-20 blocks per day (1 block currently equals 1 coin).

I'd naively estimate your hashrate to be 640*(10*0.5)/(1280*1.5) = 1.7 KH/s, which should mean you mine one block every 1-2 weeks or so (and this should drop as the network grows in the future). As I said, this is a really naive calculation and I havent seen it verified anywhere but it fits with my initial impression that it is probably not worth mining with that gpu.

Also, this gpu will not support CUDA (a NVIDIA, not intel, tech) so you will not be able to use ccminer:

ccminer is an open source project for CUDA compatible GPUs (nVidia).

http://ccminer.org/

So it is probably really not worth it to try figuring out how to mine with this gpu, but if you want to try figuring it out you can start looking it up here (most people just say not to bother):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1820187.0

https://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/intel-hd-graphics-miner/

https://superuser.com/questions/583462/bitcoin-mining-with-integrated-graphics

I was using QT wallet and I try 

xaya electron v1.0.3 has 32-bit support: https://forum.xaya.io/topic/76-xaya-wallet-103-beta/

the link that you gave. I successfully run and installed it. I encrypted and back up the 2 wallets. But as I close the Electron wallet  and open it again it prompt to install every time I open it. I'm having this on my screen and it doesn't synchronized.  See attached

Yes I see that everyone is just giving instructions on how to do it. Even though this is hard to understand to person who are not good on computers. Maybe I'll get there. I'll try. Thanks for the help

I'm not sure, this has nothing to do with mining though so I think you should make a new thread, or perhaps ask in this one.

Edited by DarkClaw

I see... I have to change laptop for the better. What spec of laptop I should be buying? I thought any laptop will do. where member is connected to a server and specs computer of a certain user is not important. 

Really for mining on a computer you are using for other purposes you should probably have at least two gpus. One for your monitor and one for mining. Eg, my gtx1060 is used only for mining and machine learning tasks, and I use another gpu for the monitors. This is on a desktop, though. I'd expect laptops that allow multiple gpus to be much more expensive and troublesome to maintain (overheating, etc).

I'd say for mining something equivalent to the gtx 1060 is probably the minimum you should be getting if buying something new. Eg, this answer is pretty reasonable:

Answered Oct 16, 2017

Any laptop with a GTX 1060 or GTX 1070 will work fairly well for mining. GTX 1080 is underwhelming, in many cases its actually worse than the 1070. Either way, it’s generally not a good idea to mine with a laptop. If you insist on doing so make sure you manually set the fan to 100% speed and keep it properly cooled.

It’s a much better idea to get a cheap motherboard and CPU on eBay with lots of PCIe ports and just start buying GPUs to fill it up. All told a CPU, motherboard, RAM, and a USB drive for an OS will cost less than $100 and will allow you to run 4–6 GPUs. After that you can just start buying your GPUs and power supply(s) to run them. For the cost of a laptop with a single GTX 1070 you could set up a complete mining rig with six 1060s with a total hashrate at least 4x higher

https://www.quora.com/Which-laptop-is-good-for-mining

Edited by DarkClaw
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Christopher2121 said:

I thought any laptop will do. where member is connected to a server and specs computer of a certain user is not important.  

Do you mean you shared the specs of your laptop but you want to mine on a server instead? You would need to share the specs of the server in that case and there are probably further complications I have not dealt with. You can check out this thread and perhaps ask there if thats the case:

https://forum.xaya.io/topic/37-tutorial-xaya-mining-with-one-wallet-via-lan/

I would suggest first figuring out the simpler task of setting up mining on a local device though.

Yes. Like exclusive for member for xaya member. Having the difficulty like i'm encountering. company will have a portion of the mined chi when the member will  withdraw their chi, beside of the transaction fee 20 or 30 percent will be the deal  before withdrawn. Just a thought.

What if i download NVIDIA for 32 bit. Am i going to have a good outcome in solo mining? 

53 minutes ago, DarkClaw said:

would suggest first figuring out the simpler task of setting up mining on a local device though.

Yes i will try that.

3 minutes ago, Christopher2121 said:

Yes. Like exclusive for member for xaya member. Having the difficulty like i'm encountering. company will have a portion of the mined chi when the member will  withdraw their chi, beside of the transaction fee 20 or 30 percent will be the deal  before withdrawn. Just a thought.

Hmm, but if you are not paying for the server why would someone else let you use it to mine at all? They would just mine themselves...

4 minutes ago, Christopher2121 said:

What if i download NVIDIA for 32 bit. Am i going to have a good outcome in solo mining? 

Not possible. The issue is you need NVIDIA hardware, which (obviously) cannot be downloaded.

Besides of exclusiveness to member of course it is paid. Actually I don't have any idea how mining work and I came across to this video as I became more curious about mining and I thought this is how solo mining works in XAYA

How I wish they can develop like this. Where for the hashpower is paid and where the company will be paid for the use of the service.  

19 hours ago, DarkClaw said:
19 hours ago, Christopher2121 said:

Not possible. The issue is you need NVIDIA hardware, which (obviously) cannot be downloaded.

I thought it is software because I seen this link https://download.cnet.com/nVidia-Graphics-Driver-Windows-Vista-32-bit-Windows-7-32-bit-Windows-8-32-bit/3000-2108_4-10630932.html hahaha.... thank you very much DarkClaw very much appreciated for the answers. ☺️

Fyi, I found this about "cryptominingfarm":

CryptoMiningFarm has given us no information to suggest it’s a legitimate bitcoin mining operation. In fact, the website’s FAQs page seems to admit that there’s no real bitcoin mining taking place: the company privately mines its own private blockchain. That means you’re buying into a private blockchain-based token that has no real value outside of the CryptoMiningFarm platform. Despite this fact, the company lists your “Profit Calculator” profits in bitcoin – making you think you can make a lot of money from your monthly or yearly mining contracts.

Ultimately, the world of cloud mining is filled with frauds and scams. CryptoMiningFarm seems to be upfront about the fact that it’s a pyramid scheme, and that they’re not mining real bitcoin. However, it still seems to be a complete scam and not a legitimate investment opportunity.

https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/cryptomining-farm/

Edited by DarkClaw
  • Thanks 1

Thanks. I don't have plan to invest in cryptominingfarm. I mean is something like that in the video as an example. where it is easy to do. Simple encoding for client and mining is done for clients or members, most specially to people like me who don't have background in program.  I know for you guys what you are saying is easy to understand because you already been there and already done it. Where for me who doesn't have a background in program its a big question mark. But really thanks a lot been clear that mining is impossible to have on my end and have a added CHI before the main sale comes. I think all I have to do now is wait for the distribution of token. Thanks for the time DarkClaw.