DarkClaw

Beta: Xaya Network Explorer (Blockchain Stats)

About a week ago I made a post on this forum regarding calculating some basic mining stats and fellow Xaya fan casp0or offered to help me out in doing a front end for it. It is still a work in progress but we think it is ready for some public feedback. I heard for some reason our domain name is delayed so you can visit the site here for now. (2018/08/03: please use https://www.xaya-gaming.net/, note the "www" must be included at this point)

At this point it provides basic info about the blockchain like block height, number of registered names, etc. It also shows a block by block chart of the difficulty for both NeoScrypt and SHA-256d algos and daily data on a number of stats like average hashrate, block size, etc. Beyond that there is also a mining calculator so you can estimate how many coins you could expect to mine by adding your miner to the network.

Please share any criticisms and suggestions you have so we can improve on it. Of course, also let us know what, if anything,  you find most useful about it. See attached for a screenshot:

EDIT:

Here is the current domain: https://www.xaya-gaming.net/

2018/08/03:

Please note the "www" must be included at this point, ie http://xaya-gaming.net/ will not be fully functional.

site_screenshot_201_07_26.png

Edited by DarkClaw
typo, update domain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I really like it! :) A lot of great info displayed. If I were to make one suggestion though it would be... instead of 4 smaller graphs, maybe display 1 large graph at a time with the ability to swipe though them. It's much more mobile friendly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Casstorm said:

I really like it! :) A lot of great info displayed. If I were to make one suggestion though it would be... instead of 4 smaller graphs, maybe display 1 large graph at a time with the ability to swipe though them. It's much more mobile friendly.

Thanks. Actually I just tried it on mobile for the first time and saw (that even worse) the "todays stats" main table was cut off. So I think it is definitely not mobile friendly at this point but have no idea how difficult that would be to fix. It sounds like a good idea to me but I'll leave that answer to casp0or.

• Like 1

That's looking fantastic! I love it! 

You've packed a lot of great information in there. 

14 hours ago, Ryan said:

That's looking fantastic! I love it! 

You've packed a lot of great information in there.

Thanks.

12 hours ago, snailbrain said:

very impressive. really like it. 
we'll sort some bounty for this :)

Thanks, obviously there is a lot more to add to this. Ie searching for an address/tx/name etc, but we figured just being able to easily and quickly inspect the overall status of the network is really important to people. Also there may very well be bugs so if anything looks off please tell us.

• Thanks 1

You can now search for a name and view all names in a table ?

I´m currently setting up the domain and SSL, this should be finished tomorrow

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2018 at 4:31 AM, casp0or said:

new domain until I finished the main website for XAYA-GAMING.NET--> https://www.xaya-gaming.net/

The site is looking fantastic! I love that you've added in viewing names. Some interesting ones in there. 

It really is looking good! :D I noticed the donation button wasn't set up yet. Are you planning on only accepting CHI donations, or is there another way we could contribute to your efforts?

3 hours ago, Casstorm said:

It really is looking good! :D I noticed the donation button wasn't set up yet. Are you planning on only accepting CHI donations, or is there another way we could contribute to your efforts?

Thanks, as you can see we haven't worked that out yet. For now you can donate chi here if you want: CZTUk53bma957yqaaKt5Ts9SJjLPfPPbte

Or bitcoin here: 16SifYv2q58vydDrwvxxvCYyCtYpb1bPf8

If you do that, please let me know your intentions. Eg, if you mean for me to pass on half to capo0r, etc.

Just a note. Right now the desktop site is much more stable than the mobile site. So if you have trouble with any features on mobile (eg looking up a name) please try it on desktop instead.

For me node list, name list and historical don't work at all on desktop since a few days. And the search for name feature tells me, that certain names are available, though they are indeed reserved. Maybe it's me, not sure ?

9 minutes ago, tyKiwanuka said:

For me node list, name list and historical don't work at all on desktop since a few days. And the search for name feature tells me, that certain names are available, though they are indeed reserved. Maybe it's me, not sure ?

This sounds like an issue I did have a few days ago but should be fixed now. I just registered "p/myname" and it showed up a little later (see attached). Are you visiting the domain, ie https://www.xaya-gaming.net/?  I think if you visit the ip address  (http://84.200.101.78/ )  directly it breaks now for some reason. All that works for me is the chart and mining calculator. So maybe you saved that in your bookmarks? If thats the issue I'll make a bigger note in the OP and replace that link.

xayanames.png

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tyKiwanuka said:

I typed it in manually, not bookmarked, but  I think I found the problem.

This works fine for me: https://www.xaya-gaming.net/
This doesn't work for me and I always typed that in only: xaya-gaming.net/

Yep, that seems to be the issue. I don't know the details but that fixed a lot of my problems on mobile as well. I'll make a note in the OP

Hi,

I fixed your domain issue, you should now always be redirected to https?

and I finished my work for mobile support. feel free to test the site and report any bugs you encounter.

fixed mining calc, stats were not updated accordingly to the other stats.

BTW: name list is updating every ten minutes, so if you submit a new name into the network please wait a couple of minutes before checking again on the homepage. 

• Thanks 1

I added some settings to the site.

You can now choose to update the node and names table manually. This prevents a reset of your current view in the table if you are viewing some names deep down the list and you got thrown to the top because of an update

Settings saved locally on your PC and are being loaded everytime you enter the site from this PC

Edited by casp0or

FYI, added new plots (transactions, hashrate, and size). It looks like the new panel layout currently breaks the mobile site but that should be fixed relatively shortly. The block-by-block charts are already starting to get busy so soon that will be limited to a few weeks and there should also be tabs for hourly and daily data.

xaya_plot_block.png