Sign in to follow this  
casp0or

How to use Xaya-RPC without authentication?

Hmm,

I´m wondering how to use the local XayaD instance without the need for a username and password or do I have to set this in my game?

I created a "rock-paper-scissors" game running on the Xaya-MainNet with javascript, electron, and nodeJs. Everything is working but I don´t know how to send the moves without the need for a "rpcuser" and "rpcpassword" set. 

How do "treatfighter" or "soccer manager crypto" managing this? Somehow I must be able to send my moves without the authentication or is there another way around this Oo

Here are some screenshots:

tiktakto_frontend.thumb.PNG.f6bec1f8ef0aedb3e165d520aa308873.PNGtiktakto_frontend_pvp.thumb.PNG.bc958881618eed73a28f8b19eed60b7d.PNG
tiktakto_frontend_pve_win.thumb.PNG.485ecdaed68842bec67a3b2c79c4534f.PNGtiktakto_frontend_pve.thumb.PNG.85ca6815189266749932ca8fd7384bd5.PNG

Regards

Hey! User needs to set username and password, if he uses xaya.conf file. So its a good idea to always provide UI input to enter those and use for authentication.

By default, user will not user xaya.conf. So you then should read %appData%/Xaya/.cookie file, which has those variables in format username:password, automatically. Then its transparent for the most of the users.

4 hours ago, RyuMaster Gorskov said:

User needs to set username and password, if he uses xaya.conf file.

Thanks, then I integrate a form to insert this information and start the xayalib. Moving the code from my server to the client was very easy. Now I can finish this. 👍

6 hours ago, RyuMaster Gorskov said:

%appData%/Xaya/.cookie

Don't forget linux: /home/[username]/.xaya/.cookie