Anthony Maddison

Soccer Management or not?

19 hours ago, SM Alex said:

Teams are owned by shareholders.

Manager contracts can be offered dictating wages, role limits (ability to buy and sell without shareholder permission) performance bonuses and contract length. Managerial candidates can be proposed by all shareholders to be agreed. 

Managers that don't meet the performance requirements set by shareholders will be at risk of losing the position and be replaced with a new candidate.

Teams can be owned by thousands of players. Shares can be diluted. You can even be a majority shareholder and the manager.

O

This needs more explaining i think. Does this mean a manager is not actually in control of his team and is at the mercy of other shareholders? What power does a manger actually hold? What if they want to buy a player and the shareholders say no?  I'm assuming they'll be in charge of tactics and player selection, but the buying, selling and scouting is the part that has always interested me most about SM Worlds.

That doesn't sound like a management game so much as a committee they way its described above.  

14 minutes ago, Anthony Maddison said:

This needs more explaining i think. Does this mean a manager is not actually in control of his team and is at the mercy of other shareholders? What power does a manger actually hold? What if they want to buy a player and the shareholders say no?  I'm assuming they'll be in charge of tactics and player selection, but the buying, selling and scouting is the part that has always interested me most about SM Worlds.

That doesn't sound like a management game so much as a committee they way its described above.  

Hey..
I removed your reply to create a new thread.
I've been working with the guys at Soccer Manager. 

This is a different sort of game than a 1 player management game. There are only 620 teams.
If you wish (and can afford) you could be a 51% shareholder and assign yourself to be manager. Then you are pretty much playing a MMO Soccer Manager game.
but you of course need to stay afloat - if you need extra money and dont have it, someone might buy into your club, and you become a minority share holder.

This is a Blockchain / crypto currency game - it's pretty much all about money. If you are winning, you will be gaining crypto currency, if you are losing, you will be losing money.

A manager can have different roles depending on what is assigned.

Currently when you assign a manager (even if you assign yourself) - you need to select the roles..
A Shareholder can propose:

1. account name of new manager - which is stored in the xaya blockchain and is unique to a player/account
  2. wages - how many soccer manager coins he gets a week 
  3. buy players - without shareholders permission
  4. sell players - without shareholders permission
  5. contract length (if applicable)

When a proposal is made, 51% of the voters need to accept it for it to happen.
Then the "Manager" needs to accept the "job offer", as maybe he is the manager of another club.

Managers have full control over tactics, player selection etc like you describe, but noting that, if you are doing bad, you may get sacked by the shareholders (other players).

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, snailbrain said:

Hey..
I removed your reply to create a new thread.
I've been working with the guys at Soccer Manager. 

This is a different sort of game than a 1 player management game. There are only 620 teams.
If you wish (and can afford) you could be a 51% shareholder and assign yourself to be manager. Then you are pretty much playing a MMO Soccer Manager game.
but you of course need to stay afloat - if you need extra money and dont have it, someone might buy into your club, and you become a minority share holder.

This is a Blockchain / crypto currency game - it's pretty much all about money. If you are winning, you will be gaining crypto currency, if you are losing, you will be losing money.

A manager can have different roles depending on what is assigned.

Currently when you assign a manager (even if you assign yourself) - you need to select the roles..
A Shareholder can propose:

1. account name of new manager - which is stored in the xaya blockchain and is unique to a player/account
  2. wages - how many soccer manager coins he gets a week 
  3. buy players - without shareholders permission
  4. sell players - without shareholders permission
  5. contract length (if applicable)

When a proposal is made, 51% of the voters need to accept it for it to happen.
Then the "Manager" needs to accept the "job offer", as maybe he is the manager of another club.

Managers have full control over tactics, player selection etc like you describe, but noting that, if you are doing bad, you may get sacked by the shareholders (other players).

Ok thanks for this. Its very different to the way it was described previously, so thats thrown me somewhat. Some initial questions as they come to me and apologies if these have been covered elsewhere, just point me towards the thread if so...

• So the 620 teams, is this just while under Beta, and more worlds will open further down the line (each with their own 620 teams or so), or is 620 teams all there ever will be and anyone wanting to get involved later will need to become a shareholder?   
  • If a team has a manger who's doing well, but then a bigger shareholder comes in and buys 51% of the club, can they then sack the manager and install themselves? 
  • If a manager is taking a salary, does that go into his personal funds that he can convert into real cash? Can the manager instead use his salary to help the team? 
  • It sounds like a lot of emphasis is put on short term success, so how's that likely to work out for us long term strategic thinkers who eschew short term gains for long terms goals? Using SM Worlds as an example, I always play the long game and look to pick up promising youth that are improving rather than short term better players on the decline. Is this likely to be a complete paradigm shift or will there be flexibility to run a club this way?  
  • Stadium size has been mentioned, what about other facilities for improving players. This leads directly onto my next question actually...
  • Since Sm has the legal right to use real players names and teams in SM core, will that also be the case here or will we see made up names and clubs? 
  • How will players develop? Is it based on real world performance as it is now, or will teams need to develop their youth inside of the game by playing/training them? 

I think thats all i can think of right now. Thanks.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Hi,

There are elements of the game that still require the functionality finalising. So I'll answer what I can based on current design plans. 

• So the 620 teams, is this just while under Beta, and more worlds will open further down the line (each with their own 620 teams or so), or is 620 teams all there ever will be and anyone wanting to get involved later will need to become a shareholder?   

This is a unique game world, 620 teams will be the total number of teams available after release. To get involved later on you can join as either a Manager or as a Shareholder in one of the clubs. Before launch the world will be reset and on day one a bidding process will commence to control the clubs.

• If a team has a manger who's doing well, but then a bigger shareholder comes in and buys 51% of the club, can they then sack the manager and install themselves? 

If the shares are legitimately purchased and the majority shareholder changes, this would be a possibility. However such a hostile take over would have consequences if they find themselves struggling later on.

If a manager is taking a salary, does that go into his personal funds that he can convert into real cash? Can the manager instead use his salary to help the team? 

Yes the managers salary will be paid into a personal account which can be used as they see fit. 

It sounds like a lot of emphasis is put on short term success, so how's that likely to work out for us long term strategic thinkers who eschew short term gains for long terms goals? Using SM Worlds as an example, I always play the long game and look to pick up promising youth that are improving rather than short term better players on the decline. Is this likely to be a complete paradigm shift or will there be flexibility to run a club this way?

As there is only a single game world the promising youth players you successfully sign will become the high valued players of the future, therefore there is a potential for larger returns. If you find the right players at the right price.

Stadium size has been mentioned, what about other facilities for improving players.

Currently there are only plans for the use of the stadium facility. Additional facilities are not in the current design, but there is scope to explore these possibilities for future updates as the game is improved over time.

• Since Sm has the legal right to use real players names and teams in SM core, will that also be the case here or will we see made up names and clubs? 
  • How will players develop? Is it based on real world performance as it is now, or will teams need to develop their youth inside of the game by playing/training them? 

Player and Club data will be carried into the game from Soccerwiki.org. The community over there submit any changes to ensure the data is up to date. Other members of the community will then vote on the changes to approve them.

I hope some of this information has helped. 

Edited by SM Alex
  • Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Your use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.