Sign in to follow this  
casp0or

"Xaya Game Currency" value not valid JSON

Hi,

I tried to create a game currency according to your specs ... but I get the message

{"message":"the value is not valid JSON","code":-8,"name":"o"}

tried with g/ and this JSON from specs

{"type":"currency","version":1,"creator":"casp0or","supply":1000000000,"fixed":true}

Edited by casp0or

I tried your value on regtest net, and it works for me.  How exactly did you register the value?  Through xaya-cli or the Electron wallet?  Perhaps there is an issue with escaping or something.

Also, please note that the spec is for now just a draft and might be changed in the future - there is not yet any implementation (but also that will hopefully change in the future).  But you are of course free to experiment!

The console is a bit of a gimmick in the elelctron wallet at the moment. 
do not use it for anything that writes to your wallet or spends coins. There is a warning about this when you first click on the console.

you should use xaya-cli (or through RPC).

The Electron has issues escaping - so should only be used for testing and reading stuff.

I haven't seen the console in the electron wallet respond to anything at all (windows 7). Can you give an example of exactly what to put in there to see it do something?

7 minutes ago, snailbrain said:

getblockchaininfo
getnetworkinginfo

or type help

Thanks, none of that works for me. The text does appear in the text box, and its detecting that I click send based on the buttons GUI response, but nothing happens. Also, I can use the RPC interface via other means as the client is running, so that all works fine.

Thanks for that.

we are likely to be disabling the console soon anyway - it was more for testing.

Users should use xaya-cli or rpc interface directly.