freddo

Can I recover CHI sent but not processed?

So, before I figured out what was going on with my mining earlier last month, I tried to send some CHI from my GAME wallet to my VAULT.

The problem I have is that after re-syncing on the 'real' Xaya chain, i'm fairly certain the CHI has been taken out of my actual Game wallet holdings (the ones mined before the fork) because my wallet has a record of the transfer being attempted, but the transaction occurred on the fake/unforked chain, so the transaction doesn't exist on the real chain, so there are no confirmations of sending or receiving.

Am I right in thinking that the funds have been 'allocated' by my wallet for the send when it syncs?

Is there any way of removing a record of this transaction from my wallet, so that when it syncs again it doesn't take the coins out despite them not actually being sent or received anywhere?

Indeed, the wallet keeps track of transactions made even if they have never confirmed on the blockchain.  There are two possible solutions for getting your funds released:

1. If the spent coins are valid on the correct chain (because you didn't spend any coins mined on the wrong fork), then you can just attempt to resubmit your transaction to get it confirmed on the real chain now.  For that, you need to obtain the transaction's hex data (e.g. through the transaction list in the Qt wallet or the "gettransaction" command) and then submit it with "submitrawtransaction" (or post it here and I can do that for you).
  2. Alternatively, you can indeed make your wallet forget every stored transaction and just resync to what is in the blockchain.  To do that, start xayad or the Qt wallet with "-zapwallettxes=2".

On 2/7/2019 at 6:18 PM, domob said:

Indeed, the wallet keeps track of transactions made even if they have never confirmed on the blockchain.  There are two possible solutions for getting your funds released:

1. If the spent coins are valid on the correct chain (because you didn't spend any coins mined on the wrong fork), then you can just attempt to resubmit your transaction to get it confirmed on the real chain now.  For that, you need to obtain the transaction's hex data (e.g. through the transaction list in the Qt wallet or the "gettransaction" command) and then submit it with "submitrawtransaction" (or post it here and I can do that for you).
  2. Alternatively, you can indeed make your wallet forget every stored transaction and just resync to what is in the blockchain.  To do that, start xayad or the Qt wallet with "-zapwallettxes=2".

Thanks Domob,

I'm using the Xaya Electron Wallet.  I tried running xayad with '-zapwallettxes=2'  but it doesn't seem to have done anything...  Do I need to delete the chain or something first?

For the re-submit, is it just the TXID you need, from clicking the TXID button next to the transaction in the list in the Electron wallet? If so, here are the three TXID's

6b3fb402e2468596ce3a8442de18753e073de466921c9c02e325fb8fb2100e96
5f4534cd3950e9fdb8ccea2bc85aa9a67ff211a6aaca14d317e6ec69ffe5e31b
2c0f8eb74c340ce6f9df72a3424c71ad8da658886aa93995ceb816189ffa3a89

If you're able to re-submit them for me on the real chain that would be great!

Cheers,

Matt

On 2/7/2019 at 12:17 AM, tyKiwanuka said:

Did you send those CHI after the hardfork with an old wallet version ?

I sent the CHI with the then latest version of Electron Wallet, however, i had been mining, and I think I mined with the old version after the fork (as i was on holiday) and when I updated and re-commenced mining I was somehow mining on the wrong side of the fork (i mustn't have been the only one, as there were plenty of confirmations coming through).

I hadn't noted what block I was on when I updated and everything appeared to be working fine, so I wasn't initially alerted to any issue.

20 hours ago, freddo said:

For the re-submit, is it just the TXID you need, from clicking the TXID button next to the transaction in the list in the Electron wallet? If so, here are the three TXID's

6b3fb402e2468596ce3a8442de18753e073de466921c9c02e325fb8fb2100e96
5f4534cd3950e9fdb8ccea2bc85aa9a67ff211a6aaca14d317e6ec69ffe5e31b
2c0f8eb74c340ce6f9df72a3424c71ad8da658886aa93995ceb816189ffa3a89

No, unfortunatley the txid is not enough - I need the full raw transaction.  You can get it by sending "gettransaction TXID" with xaya-cli or the Qt console.  Alternatively, you can copy it from the transaction list of the Qt wallet.

category    amount    date    address    txid
send    -250.007649    01-01-19 22:01:44    CdDpWTRTtNj1nKibzwWhNFF4fzo4ckWnNE    6b3fb402e2468596ce3a8442de18753e073de466921c9c02e325fb8fb2100e96
send    -200.006101    01-01-19 22:01:30    CdDpWTRTtNj1nKibzwWhNFF4fzo4ckWnNE    5f4534cd3950e9fdb8ccea2bc85aa9a67ff211a6aaca14d317e6ec69ffe5e31b
send    -120.003762    01-01-19 22:00:55    CdDpWTRTtNj1nKibzwWhNFF4fzo4ckWnNE    2c0f8eb74c340ce6f9df72a3424c71ad8da658886aa93995ceb816189ffa3a89

Like this? From the transaction list in Electron Wallet...

Otherwise, How do I get Qt to see my wallet from Electron?

Thanks @tyKiwanuka and @domob for all of your help, I managed to figure out how to get the -zapwallettxes thing to work through xaya-Qt

So, no more orphan transactions in my wallets.  I don't appear to have recovered any coins though, I guess I just didn't have as many as I thought I had before the fork.  I exported all the old transactions to a CSV file and summed it, and it all seems to add up.  The transactions must have been so under-processed that they hadn't actually allocated the coins?  And it appears my issue started earlier than I thought, as my balance was lower than what I saw when I got back from holiday.

Oh well, the main thing is that I learned some things, and now have much cleaner wallet files!

On 2/9/2019 at 8:44 PM, domob said:

No, unfortunatley the txid is not enough - I need the full raw transaction.  You can get it by sending "gettransaction TXID" with xaya-cli or the Qt console.  Alternatively, you can copy it from the transaction list of the Qt wallet.

Oh, and also now understand what the full transaction hex data looks like with Qt working with my wallets...

19 hours ago, freddo said:

So, no more orphan transactions in my wallets.  I don't appear to have recovered any coins though, I guess I just didn't have as many as I thought I had before the fork.  I exported all the old transactions to a CSV file and summed it, and it all seems to add up.  The transactions must have been so under-processed that they hadn't actually allocated the coins?

Perhaps the transaction was not shown as "unconfirmed" but "conflicted" in the wallet (because the input coins were invalid anyway, either as orphaned mining rewards or double spent coins).  In that case, you do see the transaction in your wallet, but the coins are not actually allocated.  Still it is nice that you were able to clean it up!  I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get as many coins as you thought, though.