Sign in to follow this  
felipe1433

error when starting xaya wallet

3 minutes ago, felipe1433 said:

it's fine I'm already downloading it, but I can not find the caperta that you say

Same as for bitcoin: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Data_directory

C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application data\xaya\blocks (XP) 
C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming\xaya\blocks (Vista and 7)

Do not delete your wallet.dat files though... In fact copy them (vault.dat and game.dat) and paste somewhere else before messing with the folder if you don't know what you are doing.

1 minute ago, felipe1433 said:

Can I do all that with those 2 buttons?

image.thumb.png.5ed38c1878dbb3601b5396e25531fa41.png

It should work, I have not tried them myself (no electron wallet for linux) so can't verify though.

2 minutes ago, DarkClaw said:

Debería funcionar, no los he probado (sin billetera electrónica para Linux), así que no puedo verificarlo.

When I erase the chain, are my wallets created eliminated?

Just now, felipe1433 said:

When I erase the chain, are my wallets created eliminated?

No. All  you need is the wallet files (game.dat and vault.dat if using the electron wallet). You can even paste these onto a new computer with new xaya install and they will work (you may need to resync though).

4 minutes ago, DarkClaw said:

No. Todo lo que necesita son los archivos de cartera (game.dat y vault.dat si usa la billetera electrónica). Incluso puedes pegarlas en una computadora nueva con la nueva instalación de xaya y funcionarán (es posible que tengas que volver a sincronizar).

but I can not find those files, inside the xaya files I can not find them

image.thumb.png.85a41938d1c1936dc52bb02d6efde4f6.png

21 minutes ago, DarkClaw said:

C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application data\xaya\blocks (XP)

C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming\xaya\blocks (Vista and 7)

You are looking in the wrong place. C:\Progam Files\xaya is not the data directory.

10 minutes ago, DarkClaw said:

Estás buscando en el lugar equivocado. C: \ Progam Files \ xaya no es el directorio de datos.

I am very lost, it is very necessary to take that step so as not to lose the portfolios?

4 minutes ago, felipe1433 said:

I am very lost, it is very necessary to take that step so as not to lose the portfolios? 

No, it is not necessary. The electron wallet backup button should work, and either way the wallet files should be safe... but there is no reason for you to not find the wallet files.

What version of windows?

1. Use the "Wallet backup" button. Save those files on external drives and not only your computer.

2. Hit the "Delete Chain" button and wait for your wallet to start syncing agian.

Normally you don't need to backup your wallets with this update, but since you seem to not having done so in the past, you should do it asap.

2 minutes ago, tyKiwanuka said:

1. Utilice el botón "Copia de seguridad de cartera". Guarde esos archivos en unidades externas y no solo en su computadora.

2. Presione el botón "Eliminar cadena" y espere a que su billetera comience a sincronizarse nuevamente.

Normalmente, no necesita hacer una copia de seguridad de sus billeteras con esta actualización, pero como parece que no lo ha hecho en el pasado, debe hacerlo lo antes posible.

2 minutes ago, DarkClaw said:

Sí, guárdalos en otro lugar. Idealmente para una unidad de copia de seguridad (por ejemplo, una unidad flash USB).

it tells me permission error

image.thumb.png.b0abb8de62f91133d8e751e703a9942b.png

1 minute ago, felipe1433 said:

it tells me permission error

image.thumb.png.b0abb8de62f91133d8e751e703a9942b.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=b613679a0814d9ec

Was that for "delete chain" or "backup wallet"?

I am not using electron wallet at the moment though, so perhaps tyKiwanuka can be more help with that method.

1 minute ago, DarkClaw said:

¿Eso fue para "eliminar cadena" o "billetera de respaldo"?

Sin embargo, no estoy usando billetera electrónica en este momento, así que quizás tyKiwanuka pueda ser de más ayuda con ese método.

8 minutes ago, tyKiwanuka said:

1. Utilice el botón "Copia de seguridad de cartera". Guarde esos archivos en unidades externas y no solo en su computadora.

2. Presione el botón "Eliminar cadena" y espere a que su billetera comience a sincronizarse nuevamente.

Normalmente, no necesita hacer una copia de seguridad de sus billeteras con esta actualización, pero como parece que no lo ha hecho en el pasado, debe hacerlo lo antes posible.

for the backup

Then shut your wallet down and copy those wallet.dat files from here (you were there already in the screenshot above):

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Xaya\wallets\game.dat\wallet.dat
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Xaya\wallets\vault.dat\wallet.dat

to your desktop first. Rename those files to something meaningful (f.e. gamebackupJanuary2019 & vaultbackupJanuary2019) and don't mix them up. Put them on an USB stick or external hard drive.

I think your firewall/anti-virus is causing some problems, so shut both down temporarily. Afterwards delete the chain and wait.

That error you get while backing up is because you didn't choose a location. When that window pops up after hitting backup button, you have to choose a location - choose desktop on the left hand.

3 minutes ago, tyKiwanuka said:

El error que obtienes al realizar la copia de seguridad se debe a que no elegiste una ubicación. Cuando esa ventana se abre después de pulsar el botón de copia de seguridad, debe elegir una ubicación: elija escritorio en la mano izquierda.

I get an error in the same way

image.thumb.png.230beecefe79c6e235f32e1eac4e6321.pngimage.thumb.png.cad3f99dade78aad782c45047d7797d2.png

11 minutes ago, tyKiwanuka said:

Then shut your wallet down and copy those wallet.dat files from here (you were there already in the screenshot above):

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Xaya\wallets\game.dat\wallet.dat
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Xaya\wallets\vault.dat\wallet.dat

to your desktop first. Rename those files to something meaningful (f.e. gamebackupJanuary2019 & vaultbackupJanuary2019) and don't mix them up. Put them on an USB stick or external hard drive.

I think your firewall/anti-virus is causing some problems, so shut both down temporarily. Afterwards delete the chain and wait.

already save the files and disable antivirus / firewall, also download the new portfolio 1.1.1a