DarkClaw

Downloading Huntercoin

1. How much space do I need to download the huc blockchain?
  2. How long will this take?
  3. Does it work on linux? If so, are there instructions to get it running?
  4. Is this still the latest version: https://github.com/chronokings/huntercore/releases

1. I think it is 15-20 GiB

2. Do you mean syncing?  It is relatively slow due to the game-state computations, but that heavily depends on your hardware (disk vs SSD and how powerful your CPU is).

3. The core daemon can be built just like Bitcoin Core and Xaya.  I've never built / used the Unity one myself, so don't know about that.

4. Just take latest HEAD from that repository.

• Thanks 1

Thanks all. I only had 6 gb left on a drive with windows installed, clearly I will need to use a different one then.

1 hour ago, DarkClaw said:

Thanks all. I only had 6 gb left on a drive with windows installed, clearly I will need to use a different one then.

Yeah, using some other device is probably best.  However, you might be able to sync there if you use the pruning option (e.g. "-prune=500").  I have no idea how much space you will need with that.

On 1/22/2019 at 12:57 PM, domob said:

Yeah, using some other device is probably best.  However, you might be able to sync there if you use the pruning option (e.g. "-prune=500").  I have no idea how much space you will need with that.

I was syncing using huntercoin-qt and it was very slow, when I switched to huntercoind it is like 10x faster. Is this normal?

Edit:

I just realized it could also be that the number of transactions/block dropped in 2015 vs 2014.

Edited by DarkClaw

When you get to around block 240k (i think when disasters came in and cost to play was increased) syncing is probably 10x faster.

On 1/27/2019 at 2:59 PM, snailbrain said:

When you get to around block 240k (i think when disasters came in and cost to play was increased) syncing is probably 10x faster.

Yea, I think this is what it was. Anyway the instructions to build xaya for ubunutu also worked for huntercoin. So thanks.