Sign in to follow this  
Phillip Pearson

Price Drop

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on price? I see the money I put in as an investment and will hang around for the long term investment but it doesn't seem like the team are doing much to promote the project.

Adoption = Success and I can't see that happening without the visibility and public perception. That includes at least appearing to be concerned with the drop in value post launch on liquid.

I don't think that I can speak "for the team", nor is that my expertise (which is blockchain development and the technical side of Xaya).  From my point of view, it would be great to have a higher price - I do hold some CHI personally, and also of course the team is the biggest single holder with the reserved 10% company coins.

But I think it is definitely more important for the project at large and also for the long-term price to concentrate on building out the platform as well as cool games for it, rather than concentrating on the market price and trying to pump that.  Xaya is not a copycat coin that we want to pump for a quick money grab, but a technological vision we want to realise.  That is what the ICO participants gave us money for.

15 hours ago, Phillip Pearson said:

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on price? I see the money I put in as an investment and will hang around for the long term investment but it doesn't seem like the team are doing much to promote the project.

Adoption = Success and I can't see that happening without the visibility and public perception. That includes at least appearing to be concerned with the drop in value post launch on liquid.

Order book is so thin (on both sides) the price does not mean much.[1] Clearly 95%+ of CHI is being hoarded and many interested people do not want to sign up at a new exchange. The combination of being the most intrusive KYC I have experienced yet and seeing basic bugs[2] on the site made me not want to do it. If there will be sufficient trading volume it sounded like the xaya team would contact bisq (decentralized exchange) to get it listed there.

[1] See the Trade Info tab: http://www.xaya-gaming.net/

[2] Apparently poloniex has recently switched to TradingView's chart library, but don't have the same bugs I see on liquid: https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_huc

Edited by DarkClaw

On 1/18/2019 at 12:58 PM, Phillip Pearson said:

I see it as a long term investment too but this project has had a large reward for bounties and bounty hunters like to dump quickly to get paid (not sure why really, holding is probably more profitable in the long run). Besides that, the orderbook is paper thin. You could marketbuy it up with just a few grand and cause a +50% spike in the price. I also noticed liquid won't let you set out of range bids, so I can't for example set sell orders for 1 BTC, only within current trading range, thought that would be worth mentioning. But yeah as DarkClaw says, the price is a bit illusive right now as there's not enough liquidity for it to really mean anything. 

I guess some advice for any future investments you make in crypto is to DCA, I already learned this lesson the hard way on another coin. When there's a relatively large bounty its best to not pour all the money in directly at ICO but to wait for an exchange listing and buy the bounty dump so to speak.

Concerning adoption, the project has a mainnet released and already has a rather large game(SM) signed up and I think a few more under NDA, so if there was a ranking for ''shit done'' XAYA would probably rank itself in the top 5%. Also, it would not be the smartest thing to start a large marketing campaign just to please investors as its a huge money drain.

Most coins don't really take of untill months after their ICO. Take HOLO for example which is quickly climbing right now on CMC, it took from around may to just about january this year for it to start pumping, that's a good 6-7 months or something? Bull market was a little different because there was a good amount of buyers willing to FOMO into something. Things are a tad slower now.

It's best to just wait for Soccer Manager and take it from there. General sentiment in the market is that people want to see some real stuff, some real adoption, some real utility and that's still lacking with a lot of projects. People want to speculate on something that has some tangible results. But prepare to be waiting for what seems like an eternity, I know we all want to see some juicy price action.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree. Just doesn't seem much in the way of word of mouth either. I'm in for the long term. I actually invested in Holo too plus xrp. Nothing else I've come across with true utility and scale potential.