Sign in to follow this  
freddo

Having dramas with Electron v1.1 and CCMINER

Not sure if this is the right area, also posted in mining forum, but it is a support request.

I just recently installed Electron v1.1 after having been successfully mining with ccminer and electron v1.02 for some time.

Wallet synced fine and showed as connected, but then ccminer would not mine, showing the error:

"JSON-RPC call failed: Xaya is not connected!"

After a bit of mucking around and some restarts, it started working again - not sure what 'fixed' it, but it was working so let it be. So it's been mining happily since then, up until sometime earlier today it stopped connecting again.  I've got the same not connected error.  I've tried restarting and disabled anti-virus etc. but no change.

Any ideas?

I've also noticed that in the electron wallet, it's showing connected, but in the little stats area it shows 'Connections: 0'  is this a problem?

It appears my issue is that i'm getting 0 connections... is anybody else having this issue?

having a look at the debug.log, no errors in this session above the last lines in the file that show as:

2019-01-01T12:03:43Z socket recv error An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.  (10054)
2019-01-01T12:03:43Z socket recv error An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.  (10053)
2019-01-01T12:03:50Z Loading addresses from DNS seeds (could take a while)
2019-01-01T12:03:50Z 8 addresses found from DNS seeds
2019-01-01T12:03:50Z dnsseed thread exit
2019-01-01T12:04:11Z socket recv error An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.  (10054)
2019-01-01T12:05:43Z New outbound peer connected: version: 110015, blocks=472267, peer=10
2019-01-01T12:13:45Z socket recv error An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.  (10054)
2019-01-01T12:13:46Z New outbound peer connected: version: 110015, blocks=472280, peer=14
2019-01-01T12:14:50Z Potential stale tip detected, will try using extra outbound peer (last tip update: 630 seconds ago)
2019-01-01T12:14:57Z socket recv error An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.  (10054)
2019-01-01T12:24:24Z socket recv error An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.  (10054)
2019-01-01T12:25:20Z Potential stale tip detected, will try using extra outbound peer (last tip update: 1260 seconds ago)

I just tried v1.1 on another machine and am getting the same error, i tried deleting the chain, and now it's stuck at syncing at 0/0 blocks.  On my main machine it's showing as if it's synced at Block Progression: 453338/453338  which is now a long way behind the actual block height from what i can gather - should be 472280 or something by the log shown above.

@snailbrain Can you please shed some light?

A little more digging, I've been trying to ensure all ports are open, as I noticed another line in the log file that says:

2019-01-01T14:17:31Z Binding RPC on address :: port 8396 failed.

I've checked the windows firewall rules, and have made everything available to xayad.exe

Have attached the complete log file also, hopefully there's something there to help...

debug.txt

On 1/1/2019 at 2:23 PM, freddo said:

A little more digging, I've been trying to ensure all ports are open, as I noticed another line in the log file that says:

2019-01-01T14:17:31Z Binding RPC on address :: port 8396 failed.

I've checked the windows firewall rules, and have made everything available to xayad.exe

Have attached the complete log file also, hopefully there's something there to help...

debug.txt

that bind error is normal (i get it as well). you don't need to open any ports (incoming). As long as xayad can get out then it should get connections.

If you have no connections you won't be able to mine. To check if this is a display issue with electron you could run xaya-cli (in the QT download ZIP version) and from the command prompt run something like:

xaya-cli getnetworkinfo

@snailbrain  I had some success today, I checked my laptop wallet (which i deleted the chain on) and it started syncing again, so I let it go while i went to work.  When I got home it had fully synced up.  So i tried my desktop miner.  It found connections but was still stuck on block 458xxx and suggested it was synced, so I deleted the chain and it started syncing again from 0/0 blocks.  So good news on that front.  I'm now synced up to date, and back mining.

However, everything I've mined for the last several weeks (i'm guessing from the time of the fork) has now been orphaned - i believe I somehow got trapped on the wrong side of the fork and was mining a dying chain with a bunch of other people - the gains were great, and I had just assumed it was due to the very low value causing people not to mine giving reduced difficulty.

I hadn't noted what block I was up to when I updated, I had been away on holiday and just remembered to do it as soon as I could after i got back.

I'm still not sure what caused my connections issue though, as my laptop wasn't syncing here either (without the mining past the fork issue).  Perhaps my ISP was playing with some settings that were upsetting my connection or something?

• Like 1