freddo

Having dramas with Electron v1.1 and CCMINER

I just recently installed Electron v1.1 after having been successfully mining with ccminer and electron v1.02 for some time.

Wallet synced fine and showed as connected, but then ccminer would not mine, showing the error:

"JSON-RPC call failed: Xaya is not connected!"

After a bit of mucking around and some restarts, it started working again - not sure what 'fixed' it, but it was working so let it be. So it's been mining happily since then, up until sometime earlier today it stopped connecting again.  I've got the same not connected error.  I've tried restarting and disabled anti-virus etc. but no change.

Any ideas?

Hi, maybe try to set a rpcuser and rpc password in xaya.conf. --> TUTORIAL

Or you/your or start something that is blocking the xaya rpcport (8396). Try to set this to a different value:

In xaya.conf add after your rpcuser and rpcpassword

rpcport=####someNumber### (but not 80, 443, 22 or 21)

Then change the port in your miner software and xaya-electron wallet.

Regards

On 1/1/2019 at 10:25 AM, freddo said:

I just recently installed Electron v1.1 after having been successfully mining with ccminer and electron v1.02 for some time.

Wallet synced fine and showed as connected, but then ccminer would not mine, showing the error:

"JSON-RPC call failed: Xaya is not connected!"

After a bit of mucking around and some restarts, it started working again - not sure what 'fixed' it, but it was working so let it be. So it's been mining happily since then, up until sometime earlier today it stopped connecting again.  I've got the same not connected error.  I've tried restarting and disabled anti-virus etc. but no change.

Any ideas?

are you able to post your debug.log

Posted (edited)

Actually created a thread in the support section with a debug.log file

@snailbrain You can probably delete this one here in mining, as I'm pretty sure it's actually an issue with my connection through the electron wallet.

I have a feeling I may know what the problem is... Is it possible to be stuck on the wrong side of the fork? If so is my wallet completely unrecoverable? Or if I delete the chain and start again, can I reclaim my CHI from before the fork?

Edited by freddo
Extra info

28 minutes ago, freddo said:

I have a feeling I may know what the problem is... Is it possible to be stuck on the wrong side of the fork? If so is my wallet completely unrecoverable? Or if I delete the chain and start again, can I reclaim my CHI from before the fork?

Not sure, if it's possible that you are stuck on the wrong fork (don't think so), but you can choose to delete the chain in settings and resync. Make sure you have your wallet properly backed up though in case something goes wrong.