Icon

which wallet to use?

so question, the xaya electron wallet has a folder called valut.dat and the qt version doesn't guess there not compatible? Can i use the qt to play games with seeing it has only wallet.dat file? I tried to copy the vault.dat folder into the qt data folder and it did not have a receive address :(

Thanks

Icon

Hey Icon! Hopefully I can shed some light on that for you.

There are 2 XAYA wallet software programs:

• XAYA Electron wallet
  • XAYA QT wallet

They both have different wallet structures.

The QT wallet is the simplest. It follows the same structure as Bitcoin and Namecoin. That is, on any platform, the wallet is in the datadir under "wallets". The wallet is named "wallet.dat". This is true for the XAYA QT, Bitcoin QT, Namecoin QT, and many, many, many more cryptocurrencies. 

The Electron wallet is a bit more complex, but is still pretty easy.

Inside of the "wallets" folder, there are 2 more folders:

• game.dat
  • vault.dat

Inside of each of those there's a "wallet.dat" file. 

We have several tutorials -- both text and video. You can find the list here:

You can find more help there. 

I recommend these:

I think they may help you.

If you have questions after checking those out, please post and we'll try to get you an answer ASAP. If you also hit us up in Telegram and tell us about your forum post, we can respond faster.

Cheers!

so basically they are the same.. you have 2 wallets cold storage/game wallet to xfser funds into play a game instead of like the qt wallet all funds in 1 account?

Can both be used to play games off of  qt  & electron qt?

Icon

On 11/16/2018 at 10:11 PM, Icon said:

so basically they are the same.. you have 2 wallets cold storage/game wallet to xfser funds into play a game instead of like the qt wallet all funds in 1 account?

Can both be used to play games off of  qt  & electron qt?

Icon

Both are hot wallets. Cold storage is different. But essentially for your question, yes. 

Both can be used to play games, but it also depends on the developer and whether they make it possible to use both. It's possible for a developer to only use 1 of QT and Electron.