crypto_investor

Poloniex HUC snapshot & coinmarketcap.com

54 minutes ago, crypto_investor said:

Seems like this question is still one of the few unanswered. I wounder why...

If you sort by new you see it may have been submitted a couple hours after they stopped responding to new questions though.

2 hours ago, crypto_investor said:

What else can we do to get our coins?

Email management, bug them on twitter, etc. Finally, perhaps look into taking legal action.

On 1/18/2019 at 8:40 PM, DarkClaw said:

Email management, bug them on twitter, etc. Finally, perhaps look into taking legal action.

I created another ticket, they say "Thanks for reaching out. Our team is still working on making these coins available to the rightful owners, and will have an update as soon as possible."

I asked what's taking so long are they running into some issues and maybe I can help, the answer was " Thanks for following up. There are no issues at present; our team is simply working on the rollout. We appreciate your support and offer! "

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crypto_investor said:

I created another ticket, they say "Thanks for reaching out. Our team is still working on making these coins available to the rightful owners, and will have an update as soon as possible."

I asked what's taking so long are they running into some issues and maybe I can help, the answer was " Thanks for following up. There are no issues at present; our team is simply working on the rollout. We appreciate your support and offer! "

Thanks for the update and following up with them!  After reading all those stories, I'm glad I only had about 20% of my Huntercoin at Poloniex at the time of the snapshot - so at least for the remaining 80%, I was already able to claim the corresponding CHI.

latest ticket submit & response

Hi, 

Thanks for following up. As mentioned, our team is working on this matter and will have an update as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience in the meantime. 

Best, 

Poloniex Support Team

Posted (edited)
On 2/24/2019 at 6:24 PM, sorji said:

latest ticket submit & response

Hi, 

Thanks for following up. As mentioned, our team is working on this matter and will have an update as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience in the meantime. 

Best, 

Poloniex Support Team

Maybe it is for the better... Another explanation for such a long delay is that they are waiting for Xaya to be developed some games on to list CHI on the exchange (I can't seem to find any other reason). Polo is a large exchange so they only add matured coins/tokens.

Edited by crypto_investor

My gut feeling is they are going to list it at some point. If they are going through the trouble to distribute the coins, and deal with the wallet, then why not list an amazing project at the same time. They just listed another coin recently so it may just be a matter of time. I have requested twice to them to list it and I will again.

• Like 1

Another ticket:

I asked about it more than 2 month ago and you were "still working on making these coins available to the rightful owners". May I ask a question? Will we be able to withdraw our coins in 2100 or only in 2200? Seriously, this is ridiculous. People have trusted you their money and you disrespected them. Polo was top #1 exchange back in the day; you will never reclaim that you do business like this.

Support answer:

Thank you for following up. We understand your frustrations, but we have no update to provide at this time. We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Wtf is wrong with them?

think in other way, we have 3m+ coins locked and no dump the market.

so sad i also have 40k+ chi in poloniex,  good to see xaya hit 10$ and then poloniex announce to list xaya😁 

7 hours ago, sorji said:

think in other way, we have 3m+ coins locked and no dump the market.

so sad i also have 40k+ chi in poloniex,  good to see xaya hit 10$ and then poloniex announce to list xaya😁 

A dump would mean you can buy more chi... I want people to dump. But yea, either they lost the private keys or database or (more likley) they just are not motivated financially. If it is worth it you can bug them in public (twitter, etc) or threaten them with legal action.

The problem is chi is so cheap right now even all those coins are only worth ~30 btc at market prices. And in reality looking at the liquid and bitmesh order books it would get you closer to 3 btc if dumped. So difficult to justify spending much money on getting your polo coins instead of just buying them. There is the principle of it though.

Thanks for your continued interest. 

At the moment, we have de-prioritized the distribution of the snapshot due to resource constraints. If it makes sense in the future, we are committed to reopening this case to facilitate the airdrop. 

We apologize for this shift, and appreciate your understanding.

Fuck them. I'm done. They scammed us. I didn't withdraw - this is my bad. Not your keys, not your coins. A lesson learned.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, crypto_investor said:

If it makes sense in the future

What does "makes sense" mean? If it becomes worthwhile for people to sue them and alert the SEC  to get their coins?

Edited by DarkClaw

Would be interesting to know if Tristan put it in the contract when he sold Poloniex to Circle to settle certain tasks. And to know if this was one of them or not. I would assume based on their backpedaling that it's not. But you never know. Seems strange they would agree to do it and then not. Maybe Poloniex is struggling to stay afloat? I was a major trader there for years and stopped awhile ago. I would have been wiling to trade there again but they seem all screwed up these days on their morals and direction. They just ignored me even though I basically helped build their infrastructure with my fees. So kinda lame to ask for one favor and get ignored after years of support.

That's my take right now. I would be willing to pursue them on social media and elsewhere. I likely will this summer if it's not resolved.

It's a small stack of CHI for me there but like sorji said -- Principle.

-- Although I will add that I will be spending more time trading and buying more CHI, promoting Xaya, and helping out where I can than focusing on some lost and confused exchange.

• Like 3

On 3/30/2019 at 1:41 AM, DarkClaw said:

What does "makes sense" mean? If it becomes worthwhile for people to sue them and alert the SEC  to get their coins?

Thanks for following up. To rephrase, if our team deems it appropriate in the future, we'll be happy to investigate reopening this case.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

6 hours ago, crypto_investor said:

Thanks for following up. To rephrase, if our team deems it appropriate in the future, we'll be happy to investigate reopening this case.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Is that a Poloniex support reply? 

On 3/29/2019 at 3:22 AM, crypto_investor said:

Not your keys, not your coins. A lesson learned.

Been there. It's a very hard lesson, and can be extremely painful. You have my sympathy. I hope Poloniex follows through, even if late. 

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Is that a Poloniex support reply? 

Been there. It's a very hard lesson, and can be extremely painful. You have my sympathy. I hope Poloniex follows through, even if late. 

I think they just were never gonna do it.

2019-04-02_19-32-36.png

@crypto_investor The previous owners were on board. Maybe you're right and the new owners are less enthusiastic. Cross fingers. 

check the Reminder mail from poloniex that they to Spin Out of Circle

should we start to resubmit the ticket for query and also possible to apply to listing

Edited by sorji

On 11/3/2019 at 1:12 PM, sorji said:

check the Reminder mail from poloniex that they to Spin Out of Circle

should we start to resubmit the ticket for query and also possible to apply to listing

yes i would do tickets again. I've messaged support but no response yet