crypto_investor

Poloniex HUC snapshot & coinmarketcap.com

What's up everyone. What's up with the Poloniex HUC snapshot? When are they going to distribute our coins?
Also, what about listing on coinmarketcap.com? What's taking so long? They should have already accepted Xaya...

• Like 1

Snapshot CHI were sent to Poloniex and now it's up to them to distribute them to HUC holders, maybe write to their support and ask.

Listing on coinmarketcap requires at least two exchanges, but CHI is only traded on Liquid for the moment.

• Like 1

Snapshot CHI were sent to Poloniex and now it's up to them to distribute them to HUC holders, maybe write to their support and ask.

Is it? They said they would. So they just have to.

Listing on coinmarketcap requires at least two exchanges, but CHI is only traded on Liquid for the moment.

Ok, well, then are there any plans to have CHI traded on another exchange? Listing on CMC is de-facto a must have for coins. If a coin is not listed there for many people it doesn't exist.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, crypto_investor said:

Is it? They said they would. So they just have to.

What I meant is, that Poloniex now decide when the time is right to distribute the CHI to HUC holders. There is some work for them involved I guess to get everything right.

19 minutes ago, crypto_investor said:

Ok, well, then are there any plans to have CHI traded on another exchange? Listing on CMC is de-facto a must have for coins. If a coin is not listed there for many people it doesn't exist.

In the end every exchange is free to list CHI. Xaya team will not actively pursue listing on exchanges as per the T&C (1.2):

XAYA gives no guarantee or commitment as to any tradeable attributes of CHI and shall not endeavour to have CHI listed on any cryptocurrency exchanges.

https://xaya.io/downloads/Terms_and_Conditions.pdf

I think CHI will be listed on another exchange sooner or later and then the listing on CMC will follow.

4 hours ago, tyKiwanuka said:

XAYA gives no guarantee or commitment as to any tradeable attributes of CHI and shall not endeavour to have CHI listed on any cryptocurrency exchanges. 

I keep seeing that, but what is the reason for it? I have not seen that for any other coin. Is there a specific law or regulation somewhere this policy is complying with?

Also, from that document it looks like it no longer applies. We are beyond 5 weeks after Sept 7th 2018:

The following Terms and Conditions (“ Terms ”) govern the exchange of the cryptographic XAYA Tokens (“ CHI ”) for Bitcoin (“ BTC ”), also known as the token exchange period (“TEP”) of CHI.

[...]

The TEP of CHI will begin on 7th of September 2018. The TEP will run for 5 Weeks or when the total amount of CHI obtained reaches the amount of 100,000,000 (plus PTEP CHI) whichever condition is met sooner.

Since the ICO is over whatever legal reason there was to not contact exchanges should be gone.

Edited by DarkClaw

This is of course some legal term and not by choice. The team is not allowed to participate in any kind of "speculation". For a more sophisticated answer/explanation you would have to wait for Andy.

On 11/11/2018 at 4:51 AM, tyKiwanuka said:

This is of course some legal term and not by choice. The team is not allowed to participate in any kind of "speculation". For a more sophisticated answer/explanation you would have to wait for Andy.

But if the ICO is over (maybe that isnt true until after the fork and all the bounty/etc coins are distributed), then that document no longer applies. I hope snailbrain can stop by this thread. Perhaps this will notify him: @snailbrain?

regarding Poloniex. We have distributed the coins to HUC/CHI addresses. Poloniex are working on it and will get round to it ASAP.

to make them go faster you could try to open some support tickets

• Like 1

On 11/13/2018 at 2:14 PM, snailbrain said:

short answer is - CHI will be on other exchanges...

It's been a month. Have you tried to reach Cryptopia? It's a good exchange that should list CHI.

On 11/13/2018 at 2:17 PM, snailbrain said:

regarding Poloniex. We have distributed the coins to HUC/CHI addresses. Poloniex are working on it and will get round to it ASAP.

to make them go faster you could try to open some support tickets 

This at lest is unprofessional from Poloniex. I've heard of people waiting for Polo to reply in tickets for months.

2 hours ago, sorji said:

I'm also waiting for the poloniex release, that's a lot of CHI locked, thanks

The only explanation is that they are waiting for the hardfork to occur just not to mess up with withdrawals.

On 12/17/2018 at 4:42 PM, crypto_investor said:

The only explanation is that they are waiting for the hardfork to occur just not to mess up with withdrawals.

The hardfork will occur tomorrow, I raise a new ticket to poloniex, need other huc holders to do so

• Like 2

My recent update from Dec 22:

https://forum.xaya.io/topic/355-poloniex-on-snapshot/?do=findComment&comment=7586

People need to keep asking them, I guess. It doesn't seem like they plan to scam, it is just a low priority for them.

I also kind of hope they just add trading once they support the wallet though, so I am hesitant to push too hard... But when people email them they should also suggest trading it as well.

6 hours ago, DarkClaw said:

My recent update from Dec 22:

https://forum.xaya.io/topic/355-poloniex-on-snapshot/?do=findComment&comment=7586 

People need to keep asking them, I guess. It doesn't seem like they plan to scam, it is just a low priority for them.

I also kind of hope they just add trading once they support the wallet though, so I am hesitant to push too hard... But when people email them they should also suggest trading it as well.

There was hardfork in December then Xmas and holidays. Now what? There's no excuses left. If they don't do that in 10 days I see absolutely no reason in it.

1 hour ago, crypto_investor said:

There was hardfork in December then Xmas and holidays. Now what? There's no excuses left. If they don't do that in 10 days I see absolutely no reason in it.

Yes, I agree it is getting annoying. But they do keep saying it will happen. It probably is not as trivial as you think to set up the wallet and make sure there are no mistakes when assigning coins to each account. There are always bugs...

Perhaps someone should ask them on reddit in a few days:

https://old.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/adi9sz/upcoming_ama_with_circle_founders_sean_neville/

Someone asked about HUC and CHI:

https://old.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/aeikjp/ama_we_are_sean_neville_jeremy_allaire_team/edqbka7/

Upvote if you have reddit.