Sign in to follow this  
snailbrain

Upcoming Hard-Fork - Information

Hello Everyone.

as already planned - there will be a hard-fork coming soon that will:

1. The nonce values of main block headers no longer need to be zero (this allows/fixes the issue for mining pools with statum).
  2. The block intervals are changed and made algorithm-dependent:  Neoscrypt targets 40s and SHA-256d two minutes after the fork (for an average that is still 30s per block).
  3. The block rewards are increased to 10 CHI on testnet and mainnet after the fork.  For testnet, that is the (arbitrary) value we will use.  For mainnet, the value will be changed when the actual fork height becomes known, so that we can calculate the correct value.

Testnet has now been forked - so anyone interested in setting up a pool for Neoscrypt can test on there if needed.

Once we set the mainnet values we will update this post. Unless you want to test you don't need to do anything at this stage.

https://github.com/xaya/xaya/commit/f31f6a378e185256ea13cc929910d30c83916b8f

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, DarkClaw said:

What is soon?

estimate we'll set it for 5 or 6 weeks from now.

but testnet has been forked if you use the master branch, so you can test on there for now if needed

Nice to know ? I ´m currently setting up the daemon for the pool

The pool is already running ... so downloading testnet blockchain and testing tomorrow

@snailbrain I think I need some advice

got an error while connecting with pool to daemon --> Error with RPC call getmininginfo {"type":"request error","message":"socket hang up"}

daemon is set up and synced but I can´t connect ... if I set rpc port in xaya.conf the option testnet=1 overwrite this parameter with the old port 18394

but even if I use the old one I can´t connect with given username and password from conf file.

If I use the py script from /share/rpcauth, generate a login and insert it without the rpcuser and pw in the conf file and start the daemon it uses the cookie-based auth...

do I have to use both? rpcauth and rpcuser + rpcpassword?

or do I have to use "/wallet/game.dat" after the daemon address? 127.0.0.1:port/wallet/game.dat

thanks for some help

2 hours ago, casp0or said:

or do I have to use "/wallet/game.dat" after the daemon address? 127.0.0.1:port/wallet/game.dat 

Not sure if its relevant but I had an issue when I switched from win7 to linux (and also electrum wallet to qt, since there is no electrum for linux afaik). Electrum has game.dat and vault.dat, while qt only has wallet.dat. For  testnet it generates a new wallet you''d need to figure out the path to and use (for me it looks like .xaya/testnet/wallets/wallet.dat) .

9 hours ago, casp0or said:

@snailbrain I think I need some advice

got an error while connecting with pool to daemon --> Error with RPC call getmininginfo {"type":"request error","message":"socket hang up"}

daemon is set up and synced but I can´t connect ... if I set rpc port in xaya.conf the option testnet=1 overwrite this parameter with the old port 18394

For changing the ports on testnet (or regtest for that matter), you need to put them below a [testnet] line or change them to testnet.rpcport, I think (or perhaps the other way round, rpcport.testnet).