Tricky Fast Jon

The Slow Roll to Open Beta!

Hey all,

We are slow rolling into Open Beta. ANYONE can play during this new Beta phase. We just need to increase the number of players to try and flush out any lingering critical issues.

You will need the Xaya Electron Wallet and of course some CHI.

You will also need the latest Treat Fighter client, which you can get here.

Please post any bugs here or in the Xaya Telegram channel.

The game will be reset AT LEAST once (meaning you lose progress and purchases), before true Open Beta commences. The full Open Beta phase will include CHI prizes for top players. Stay tuned for dates and details!

Thank you and we hope you enjoy,

Jon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Juan Esteban Escobar said:

Hey!

How many chi's do I must have to play treat? thanks ^^

The minimum is around 0.12 CHI.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Dmitrii said:

how I can transfer chi on game wallet? I have chi on my wallet but my game wallet "0"

Just send CHI to yourself from vault wallet to game wallet. You need to create a CHI address in game wallet first and then switch back to vault wallet and send the CHI.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ok, Thanks, already do it) But slow syncron killing me, and song very cool, but I can't off it while sycronizacion process slowly do it...

Edited by Dmitrii

Normally there is a walk-through to get started, didn´t it show up for you ?

If it did, just wait for your first fighter to be cooked and follow the instruction ?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dmitrii said:

image.thumb.png.cd79288ed1369270d86d7c7fd3b45fb8.png

WHAT I MUST DO TO GET FIGHTER'S ?

If it's not going out of "Preparing to Cook" after ~4 blocks, try closing and re-opening the game. We're in the process of fixing that one.

• Like 1

My game crashed my pc during synchronization. After starting it again it says the "database is corrupt, please delete it and try again". How do I delete the database?

2 minutes ago, Katalyst said:

My game crashed my pc during synchronization. After starting it again it says the "database is corrupt, please delete it and try again". How do I delete the database?

The database is in c:\Users\[you]\AppData\LocalLow\Tricky Fast Studios\Treat Fighter\TreatFighter.sqlite

We will probably have it automatically do delete and re-sync in a future update. For now, we don't want to so that people can send the databases to us to debug.

• Thanks 1

Quick note.. Please make sure your wallet is totally synced before starting Treat Fighter. It looks like at least one person did not do this and is now out of sync from everyone else. We're looking at how to detect this and prevent the related issues, though it's a bit tricky.

5 minutes ago, Katalyst said:

Thanks for all the help, now Im stuck in the tournament with no opposition in the tutorial ?

create 2 characters at the start if you can

• Thanks 1

So far I don't see too many bugs.

There are some weird interface issues though. For instance, after starting an expedition, it switches to the active expeditions tab but says there are no open expeditions... switching tabs fixes this.

Also, sometimes when the xaya blocks update, I see the previous and next states of the game flip back and forth a few times...

You can win a tournament and still lose rating for your fighters. The relative strenghts of the fighters involved is accounted for when determining the rating points.

• Like 1

Something seems very wrong with the cpu/gpu usage. This game is pulling 60+% out of both and I have a 4770k + 1080 GTX

Also, I hear a really weird noise coming from somewhere on my screen/computer that changes pitch as I move the mouse but only when the game is running (both in fullscreen and non-fullscreen)...

14 minutes ago, Katalyst said:

Something seems very wrong with the cpu/gpu usage. This game is pulling 60+% out of both and I have a 4770k + 1080 GTX

Also, I hear a really weird noise coming from somewhere on my screen/computer that changes pitch as I move the mouse but only when the game is running (both in fullscreen and non-fullscreen)...

I have the same issue. I believe tricky fast will be looking at it for the next update.

6 hours ago, Dmitrii said:

and TreatFighter sync. is too slow ?

Yes, after only 3 months of blocks  it takes ~1 hr on my pc, not sure if anything can be done about it.

1) Is this syncing to Tricky Fast's blockchain, or is it reading each block of my local blockchain looking for certain data?

-If you are looking for specific data via rpc requests it may be far faster to write a custom parser. For the xaya-gaming site I have a custom parser for the stats (that is barely even optimized) but is at least one order of magnitude faster than making rpc requests for each block, since it only grabs select info. Its something like 25x faster. Of course if the data you are looking for is towards the end of each block you'll still need to go through and figure out how many bytes each field is, etc to get the right offset for whatever is being checked so maybe it wouldnt be that much faster.

2) Also, I wonder if it would still work if I didn't use the default datadir for xaya? Has anyone checked that?

3) And what is the reason to force storing the treat fighter data in AppData/... rather than the install directory? If I install to a different directory than the default usually I do not want stuff spread everywhere (eg I made a F:/xaya/games directory), but maybe there is a good reason for it.

6 hours ago, Dmitrii said:

ok, Thanks, already do it) But slow syncron killing me, and song very cool, but I can't off it while sycronizacion process slowly do it...

Yes, I also like the song but it plays over and over... There should be a mute button during sync.

Edited by DarkClaw
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, DarkClaw said:

Yes, after only 3 months of blocks  it takes ~1 hr on my pc, not sure if anything can be done about it.

1) Is this syncing to Tricky Fast's blockchain, or is it reading each block of my local blockchain looking for certain data?

Yeah. We plan to distribute pre-sync'd databases in the near future for anyone who wants to skip the sync process. There may be newer RPCs that we can use which should streamline the process. That's something we'll investigate post-launch.

26 minutes ago, DarkClaw said:

2) Also, I wonder if it would still work if I didn't use the default datadir for xaya? Has anyone checked that?

It should. It will complain when you start it and then give you the option to change the settings.

30 minutes ago, DarkClaw said:

3) And what is the reason to force storing the treat fighter data in AppData/... rather than the install directory? If I install to a different directory than the default usually I do not want stuff spread everywhere (eg I made a F:/xaya/games directory, but maybe there is a good reason for it.

Mostly for Windows permissions. We initially had it save to the install dir, but some versions of Windows wouldn't allow it to write there.