Ryan

About Soccer Manager Elite

Hi - great to see this is moving along. I signed up for the Beta but didn't receive an email yet. Should I have done?

30 minutes ago, YNWA said:

Hi - great to see this is moving along. I signed up for the Beta but didn't receive an email yet. Should I have done?

It should arrive immediately. Spamfolder checked ?

4 hours ago, snailbrain said:

Hey. Just to add to Alex's reply - SM Elite has only 620 teams to manage so there isn't room for 100000 managers (although they could be share holders in clubs).

It's more of an exclusive style game with totally different mechanics rather than a replacement.

So about how many people can "play" SME at the most? Not including shareholders. I am not a player of Soccer Manager so I am not sure how to put it.

If say only 10,000 people can play then what would be the solution if 100,000 want to play? Just add more teams?

5 hours ago, tyKiwanuka said:

It should arrive immediately. Spamfolder checked ?

Yes - checked - nothing. I keep looping back to what you see on the image.

SM .png

If you're getting a confirmation message like that, you should be good. Perhaps @SM Alex can chime in to verify. 

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

If you're getting a confirmation message like that, you should be good. Perhaps @SM Alex can chime in to verify. 

Ok - thanks... then the message is a bit misleading as it says 'please check your email account now' which suggests you should now have received something else. But if it's all good then, I'll just be patient!

@YNWA You are successfully signed up, the key information is in the Confirmation request.

Thank you for signing up for the Soccer Manager Elite newsletter and beta program.

We'll be selecting Managers over the next couple of months to help test the game.

In the mean time you can check out our forum for latest news and keep an eye out for updates via our newsletters.

Please click the button below to confirm that you'd like to receive email from Soccer Manager Elite.

This will also sign you up to receive updates via a newsletter in the near future.

2 minutes ago, SM Alex said:

@YNWA You are successfully signed up, the key information is in the Confirmation request.

This will also sign you up to receive updates via a newsletter in the near future.

Thanks Alex!
I've been waiting patiently since day 1 so really hope to get an invite. I have no idea where or how to access my CHI its been so long - so will need some help on this.
Do you think we are talking weeks or months for the next stage?

Posted (edited)
On 4/3/2019 at 8:28 PM, snailbrain said:

Hey. Just to add to Alex's reply - SM Elite has only 620 teams to manage so there isn't room for 100000 managers (although they could be share holders in clubs).

It's more of an exclusive style game with totally different mechanics rather than a replacement.

Sounds very interesting. Groundbreaking stuff. But just to see if I'm getting this right,  it will be safe to say that this will be a very competitive envoirement unmatched in previous games and less focussed on the leisure part of gaming and more like a real world simulator? The aim here is to make money as opposed to other soccer manager games which are played with the aim of entertainment (doesn't mean it can't be entertaining ofcourse)? So it becomes more like a virtual profession? I suppose it all depends on how players will value the teams, soccer players and managers. 

Edited by Xanthus
  • Like 1

I'm very curious about this game- but I still have some concerns:
This game will deal with real money- how can it be prevented there that e.g. 2 (or more) managers play together to take money from their investors and put it into their own pockets? There could be situations like this:
Manager A, who holds the majority of shares in his club, could play together with Manager B of an other club... Then, Manager B makes a fund raise for his club- many investors come and give  their coins to club B. Now he has a lot of money, and with the money from the shareholders, he could buy a player from Club A... not a good player, one of the worst of course, but for the prize of all the money, the investors gave him. Now the money is inside of Club A. Of course, the shares of Club A will literally explode when they get so much money for  a bad player. Then Manager A sells his shares, A and B share the profit they have stolen from the investors and they say thank you and good bye!
It's also possible that a group of sahreholders could team up to commit this kind of scam- so who can you trust in this game?
In real life, such a manager would be pulled before court and go into jail for several years- Can a player, who behaves ike this, be pulled to court in real life- because he betrayed other people with real money?
 How can such scenarios be prevented in Soccer Manager Elite?.... if a feature is added that allows betting on virtual football games, you can imagine that this could become even worse- there are of course lots  of fraudulent activities in real life soccer too, wich could become a problem in the virtual world as well... or are there well working strategies to prevent this?

1 hour ago, Christian Pichler said:

Manager A, who holds the majority of shares in his club, could play together with Manager B of an other club... Then, Manager B makes a fund raise for his club- many investors come and give  their coins to club B. Now he has a lot of money, and with the money from the shareholders, he could buy a player from Club A... not a good player, one of the worst of course, but for the prize of all the money, the investors gave him. Now the money is inside of Club A. Of course, the shares of Club A will literally explode when they get so much money for  a bad player. Then Manager A sells his shares, A and B share the profit they have stolen from the investors and they say thank you and good bye!
It's also possible that a group of sahreholders could team up to commit this kind of scam- so who can you trust in this game?

I think this is (or could be) prevented by the fact that shareholders have to agree with 51% majority to transfers above a certain sum. So the manager can do smaller transfers without the permission of the shareholders, but not big ones. He can of course still buy lower tier players for lets say 3x value that they actually have, but he won't get away too often with it, before he gets sacked by the shareholders.

In the case of a manager owning 50%+ of shares, he is not restricted by the other shareholders though.

5 minutes ago, tyKiwanuka said:

I think this is (or could be) prevented by the fact that shareholders have to agree with 51% majority to transfers above a certain sum

Yes, that's true- it will reduce the risk... the players who invest, will also get some shares from the club and have voting rights then-
But of course, I would additionally recommend making KYC compulsory for soccer manager Elite and maybe introducing some "trusted" players, who can act as "judges" or "admins" in this virtual world economy, where you can complain about unfair players. If one provably commits a scam, he should be banned from the game for lifetime! Of course, it's not easy to prevent all the things that could go wrong....
To make it easier for the shareholders to prevent being scammed- every action that costs money for the club, should be delayed for e.g. 3-4 days (and can be undone, if it's not in the interest of the shareholders). Then, all players have enough time to decide whether they agree with the actions taken by their manager... I don't know which of these suggestions have already been implemented by the team of soccer manager, this game is completely new and unprecedented- very exciting, but there are a lot of thoughts that have to be made that everything will work well... but I think, they'll find ways to make things work!

yes, sorry for asking so many questions... I think perhaps some of them can't be answered before the start of sme.. but at the moment, i'm thinking about buying shares of such a soccer club- and before there are some points I have to know... I'm very curious about this all and how it will work and so I have made some thoghts about it....

22 hours ago, Christian Pichler said:

Yes, that's true- it will reduce the risk... the players who invest, will also get some shares from the club and have voting rights then-
But of course, I would additionally recommend making KYC compulsory for soccer manager Elite and maybe introducing some "trusted" players, who can act as "judges" or "admins" in this virtual world economy, where you can complain about unfair players. If one provably commits a scam, he should be banned from the game for lifetime! Of course, it's not easy to prevent all the things that could go wrong....
To make it easier for the shareholders to prevent being scammed- every action that costs money for the club, should be delayed for e.g. 3-4 days (and can be undone, if it's not in the interest of the shareholders). Then, all players have enough time to decide whether they agree with the actions taken by their manager... I don't know which of these suggestions have already been implemented by the team of soccer manager, this game is completely new and unprecedented- very exciting, but there are a lot of thoughts that have to be made that everything will work well... but I think, they'll find ways to make things work!

Hi Christian,

There should be no need to do KYC.
If we start adding in judges and admins it sort of moves way from being a decentralised autonomous trust-less game with the "freedom" style approach that bitcoin and currencies bring to the table.
There should not be any scams - possibly some flaw might appear that is missed but that can be patched through a hard fork and if it was indeed a scam, then the majority will use the updated version.
But what do you mean by scammed?

Currently to prevent things like selling a player to yourself if you own another team there is transfer fees, minimum transfer fee amount, and blind bidding (may change), and being able to only sell 2 players a season.

When shareholders propose a manager there is planned to be multiple role options:

1. the p/name that is to be manager
  2. wages (from 0+ ) for the manager (maybe he accepts no pay because he is a shareholder as well)
  3. whether the manager can buy players at will
  4. whether the manager can sell players at will
  5. how long contract (if applicable)
  6. maybe more

and this can be changed and player sales blocked by shareholders proposing that they can't sell players at will and it being accepted.

3-4 days delay is a good amount.

Guest Thumbs Up (SM World name)

When will SM world be taken seriously and things be improved? Gore in his video confessed World has not been touched for over 2 years. I understand the elite game but ignoring world completely makes no sense whatsoever.

What happens to the CHI we bought about a year ago now to play this game? 

How can we convert that back to BTC/ETH or fiat to be doing something else with it whilst we wait?

1 hour ago, YNWA said:

What happens to the CHI we bought about a year ago now to play this game? 

How can we convert that back to BTC/ETH or fiat to be doing something else with it whilst we wait?

CHI is currently traded at https://www.liquid.com/ and https://bitmesh.com/. You can trade your CHI back to other crypto or fiat there if you decide to do so. With Liquid you have to do KYC in any case, with BitMesh only if you trade with fiat, no need for KYC for crypto to crypto trades there.

You will be able to use your CHI to play games. For example if you want to play Soccer Manager Elite, you will need to purchase SME coins, which can only be done through CHI.

2 hours ago, tyKiwanuka said:

CHI is currently traded at https://www.liquid.com/ and https://bitmesh.com/. You can trade your CHI back to other crypto or fiat there if you decide to do so. With Liquid you have to do KYC in any case, with BitMesh only if you trade with fiat, no need for KYC for crypto to crypto trades there.

You will be able to use your CHI to play games. For example if you want to play Soccer Manager Elite, you will need to purchase SME coins, which can only be done through CHI.

That's really kind - thanks for sharing this.
Do you know if I convert CHI does that impact the bonus Legend which was the incentive for signing up early?

17 minutes ago, YNWA said:

That's really kind - thanks for sharing this.
Do you know if I convert CHI does that impact the bonus Legend which was the incentive for signing up early?

No, all good. You can do whatever you want with your CHI without sacrificing the bonus offer. If you participated in presales, you will also get your SME coins regardless of what you do with your CHI. They will get sent to the same address that your CHI were sent, so make sure, you still have access to that (presale) address.

3 minutes ago, tyKiwanuka said:

No, all good. You can do whatever you want with your CHI without sacrificing the bonus offer. If you participated in presales, you will also get your SME coins regardless of what you do with your CHI. They will get sent to the same address that your CHI were sent, so make sure, you still have access to that (presale) address.

This will be a good opportunity for me to try and make a transaction with the CHI. If there are any links that could assist, I'd be grateful to be shown them. Many thanks!

Afaik there is no tutorial available, but the process is pretty straighforward.

If you want to send your CHI to an exchange like Liquid/BitMesh you need a CHI deposit address from them.
In your (Electron) wallet go to the "send" tab and paste that address you got from the exchange into the "Pay to address" field. Double-check if the address correct and nothing got lost with copy&paste.
In "Amount Value" just put the amount of CHI in you want to send.
Afterwards just click "send".
It might take some time, until the exchange will credit your deposit afterwards.
You can check your transactions in the transaction tab in your wallet.

If you are unsure, send a small amount to the exchange first and see if everything is fine.

2 minutes ago, tyKiwanuka said:

Afaik there is no tutorial available, but the process is pretty straighforward.

If you want to send your CHI to an exchange like Liquid/BitMesh you need a CHI deposit address from them.
In your (Electron) wallet go to the "send" tab and paste that address you got from the exchange into the "Pay to address" field. Double-check if the address correct and nothing got lost with copy&paste.
In "Amount Value" just put the amount of CHI in you want to send.
Afterwards just click "send".
It might take some time, until the exchange will credit your deposit afterwards.
You can check your transactions in the transaction tab in your wallet.

If you are unsure, send a small amount to the exchange first and see if everything is fine.

Thanks - let me try and figure it out as you say with a small test. You have to be pretty hardcore to want to play this SoccerManagerCrypto!! Just hope it's worth the wait!

Most exchanges have a minimum deposit though, not sure how much it is with Liquid/BitMesh.

For testing purposes you can also send CHI from your vault wallet to game wallet. Use the dropdown menu on top to switch between these two wallets.

Create a new address in game wallet and copy it. Go to your vault wallet afterwards and just do those steps I mentioned above.

7 hours ago, YNWA said:

Thanks - let me try and figure it out as you say with a small test. You have to be pretty hardcore to want to play this SoccerManagerCrypto!! Just hope it's worth the wait!

Most people here, I presume, also bought into the ICO for speculative purposes. So if you sell now you free up capital but you risk missing out on potential profits when prices rise and buying back in at a higher price (or lower). Make sure you understand what you're doing.

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Your use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.