ZeCount

Wallet not syncing

Hi, haven't been on in a while and went to update the blockchain on my version 1.0.2 wallet. It was happily updating till it got stuck at 355936/440000. I have created a backup of my vault wallet but not sure if it was synced at the time, will a backup still work if it wasn't synced?

Thanks in advance, debug and pic of wallet attached1145706365_walletpic.thumb.png.f5d3a4f53150949998c5c3938823e983.png

debug.log

Thanks for that, I've done the update but now Daemon says version 0 and still not syncing. When I followed that link I just downloaded and installed the exe, do I need the other two 'assets' also? I disabled all my firewalls when trying to update.

Thanks

pic daemon v. 0.png

7 hours ago, ZeCount said:

Thanks for that, I've done the update but now Daemon says version 0 and still not syncing. When I followed that link I just downloaded and installed the exe, do I need the other two 'assets' also? I disabled all my firewalls when trying to update.

Thanks

pic daemon v. 0.png

Did you download the blockchain when asked during the installation process ? If not, uninstall the wallet and install it again. When asked, if you want to download the blockchain, click YES and see if it works then.

There has been a hard fork at block 440,000, thats why old wallet versions don't work no more.

No, I didn't as it said not to pre download if doing an update. I have installed the wallet on another PC and my backup does work (phew!) so should be simple from here, I can reinstall without fear!

Many thanks guys, much appreciated.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ZeCount said:

No, I didn't as it said not to pre download if doing an update.

In general, you don't need to pre-download the blockchain, if your wallet was fully synced before (like in the last days). Only those that are far behind with syncing, should pre-download, because it saves a lot of time.

The pre-downloaded blockchain starts somewhere around block 1,050,000 iirc, but with a recently fully synced wallet, you should already be at 1,210,000+ - so no point in downloading a chain that is behind the one you already have on your computer 😉

Great that it works for you now 👌

• Like 1